Maryland-Baltimore

Venue help on a budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Hi everyone I'm new to this but I am in deep need of help. I am looking for an all inclusive wedding venue that can seat 150-175 ppl. I'm looking for something elegant and classy with delicious food.

Re: Venue help on a budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• edited December 2011
    The only all-inclusive venues I saw were pretty pricey, though it ends up saving over some of the more expensive caterers since you don't need to rent chairs, linens, etc on top of the per person cost for food.  However, you usually can't have a smaller budget wedding because you lose a lot of DIY opportunities (not all of them), which are real money savers.  So it would be helpful to know what sort of budget you're working with, but if it's significantly lower than average this is an instance where you probably have to work a little harder and sacrifice convenience to save money - but that doesn't mean you can't have a spectacular wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • heartxsongsheartxsongs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Laura in that it would be a little helpful to know your budget and also the area you are looking to have the reception.  Truthfully, one of the best ways to save money is to decrease the amount of people on the guest list.  But if 150-175 is the smallest you can get it, that's not too bad.  It would be easier to give advice on reception locations if we have a better idea of your available budget and location.

The all-inclusive places can be pricey but it is nice to have the piece of mind that most everything will be done for you.  All-inclusives also are more likely to have done a lot of weddings and have the experience to make your day run smoothly.  I will be going with an all-inclusive in Harford.

I also agree with Laura that you might be able to save money if you do more DIY.  You need to be careful here that you are actually saving money with this route by making sure you track all your expenses.  One of the main things that people can use to save money here are discounts and coupons.  It will definitely be more work, but you can still have a great wedding this way.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore. Included in the price per person is food, appetizers, alcohol, room rentals for both ceremony and reception, chairs, tables, basic tableclothes, chair covers, sashes in color of our choice, centerpieces (not flowers. we're not using their centerpieces as we had something else in mind), the bridal suite for one night (it's an entire floor of the hotel), day of coordinator, taxes, and gratuity. 
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Westin in Annapolis and EVERYTHING was included - food, drinks, cake, linens, tables, chairs & covers, room rental (ceremony & reception), bridal suite, cocktail hour...

We had about 160 or so people and it wasn't exactly inexpensive per person, but with all of that included, it was definitely worth it.  I liked the 'all inclusive' route - it saved a lot of headaches.  But we still had to find other vendors - flowers, photographer, videographer, hair/makeup, dj, ceremony music...
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Engineer's Club in Mount Vernon, and it's the only place we found in our price range that was all-inclusive and not a hotel.  You get the run of the whole mansion for the whole day (your choice of rooms, and they have a lot) and food, linens, furniture are included.  And one big thing I love: because it's all-inclusive, the wedding coordinator who works there will be able to keep track of everything for us the day of.  We're doing a brunch wedding to save money; not sure how expensive the more traditional dinner options are there.  It was a pretty big deposit up front (because, since they're handling everything, you're paying a percentage of essentially your entire wedding cost), but we're going to save a bundle (and a lot of stress) in the long run.
  • edited December 2011
    Martinscaterers.com they have 7 different venues and I know the one in Westminster offers all inclusive CHEAP packages and the wedding i've been to there was very nice & elegant. I also had my highschool prom at the Martin's West in Baltimore and the chandelier is soo beautiful! I know of another couple who recently got married in the Valley mansion and her pictures were goregous! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards