New York-New York City

Cheap Gown Cleaning

Hi Everyone,
Long time since I've been on this board!  I've put off a lot of post wedding chores but it's time to get my gown to a cleaner if I'm going to keep it. A place near me quoted $350 and up, but I have no idea what the range should be.  Any recs?  Thanks!
April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cheap Gown Cleaning

• esuvakesuvak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also looking into this at the moment.  I know people have recommended Wedclean.com, an online place that charges $129 I think.  Locally, I was looking at Slate NYC - their phone quote to me was $349 including preservation, but when I sent them pics they bumped it up to $699.  That's more than I want to pay, so I'm still looking (and asked them to adjust their quote).  I've heard J Scheer and Madame Paulette are very good, but very pricey (an initial estimate from J Scheer for me was around $700 I think).  Would love to hear other thoughts/recs.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, maybe I'll check into wedclean.  I just can't see paying more to clean the dress than I paid to alter it!  
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard WedClean is really good. Sorry I can't tell you where I went, my mom just brought it to a dry cleaner near her house in NJ.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards