June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

Good morning lovelies!

Whatcha got going on this week? Get any good checks done last week?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• We did our cake tasting over the weekend. We only got to try two flavors though, which was kind of disappointing. I think she forgot we were coming because she pulled them out of the dessert case at the front of the store. It's too bad because she has the most amazing reviews, her cakes and food are delicious (we go to her sandwich shop all the time) and she can make us an awesome shaped cake boss style grooms cake for really inexpensive. So I've been unsuccessfully trying to call other places. I'm going to try calling some more today. 

That's about it. I really need to start looking into booking a florist. I also want to start the process of getting my custom wedding ring going. But that's supposedly coming out of gift money from FI's mom, so we'll see when I can actually get going on that. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cnf- That really stinks about the cake, hopfully it works out!

I have a meeting with a DJ tonight and tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I will like one of them because I am just anxious to get that over with. I have also been in contact with a woman about doing my cake but so far our schedules haven't allowed us to meet yet. FI and I also picked out a cake design that we both like and our cake topper which we will probably order after I get everything finalized with the cake. 
    I've also started thinking about decorations for the reception hall and the decor packages they offer. I really want to save as much money as possible with centerpieces and decorations but it's really hard to resist having them take care of everything. 
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It’s been a productive week for us! We now have all but 5 of the addresses for the save the dates so I’m hoping FI can hurry up and finish his list so we can send them out this week.

We went and talked with a tux shop and they have a tux that FI was imagining. So he’ll be in a chocolate brown tux with a chocolate vest and orange tie, the GMs will be in the same thing with a lime colored tie and our dads will be in the same thing with a chocolate tie. He told us to come in February and put the orders in and he should be able to give us a discount if we’re first and since we need 7 tuxes.

Today I’m meeting with a florist and I think it’s going to be much more painful than I thought. I guess I had an unrealistic expectation about how much flowers cost. My FSIL is using the same florist I plan on using since she’s the cheapest in the area and does amazing work. FSIL’s cost was about $1500 and she isn’t using flowers in her centerpieces, and needs fewer bouts than we do. But we need about the same about of bouquets and corsages. I’m hoping hers is more expensive because she is getting married in December but if mice is about there too I’m going to have to not use flowers in my centerpieces.

This weekend we also start our registry at BBB on a whim. It was fun but now I feel like we’ve registered for too many >$50 items. But there’s plenty of time to change it/play with it. 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dress - check!
    Florist - check!

We're going to look for bridesmaids' dresses on 10/15. FI probably won't look for his suit and our wedding bands until he moves here in April. Other than that, we're basically done. I need to print out all of the invitations/menu stuff, but it's already designed.

I think I need to turn my attention to losing weight and earning extra money.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have had a very successful week.

I said yes to the dress! I ordered it on Monday and they said it would take about 4-5 months to come in so hopefully by December/January.

FI and I got our marriage approved on Sunday, so we are officially getting married in a church as opposed to our original plan of an outdoor ceremony. This also bumps our ceremony time up from 5pm to 3pm, so it will give us more time for pictures and we may be able to enjoy our cocktail hour.

Our e-pics are in 2 weeks and I ordered a save the date banner from etsy to use in some of our pics. http://www.etsy.com/listing/101098037/wedding-sign-save-the-date-sign-burlap

Next up is cake tasting, finding BM dresses, and booking a hotel block.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats on all the checks, girls!!

We had an exciting check this past week- we bought our plane tickets for our honeymoon!! We started looking for tickets on Tuesday night, and by Friday, they had already started to increase in price. After talking to two people we know in the airline industry, we decided to buy them this past weekend before the prices increased more.

I'm ordering a couple pairs of shoes online today to see if they go with my wedding dress. I'm having a hard time finding something I like that isn't overly high and has thicker heels (since we're getting married outside). I really don't like those heel cap things, so thinner heels are out.

I really, really need to get on finishing up our save the dates. That 's my next item on the to-do list, along with calling the florist and working some more on our centerpieces.

• Wow, it looks like everyone has had a pretty busy week!

We also got two checks done this week - we've booked the officiant and the bakery.

The meeting with the officiant was a success, we hit it off right away, and ended up talking for 1.5 hours, both ceremony stuff and just chatting. He'll be sending out this binder that you use to customize the ceremony, so it was really neat that he does some stuff but also lets FI and I add our details.

The cake turned out to be much cheaper than I was expecting, so it was a pleasant surprise! We've decided to be pretty simple, so we are doing all 3 tiers the same - marble cake with Mocca and strawberry filling (2 layers of Mocca and 1 of strawberry).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A big step for us with having to move the date and venue...we have a tour on friday of a new venue and are planning to book it YAY. Also talked to a florist, ordered our toasting glasses and my head peice and shoes. Also looking into a few caterers, we have three in mind. Starting our registry this week...and thats it!
  • Ugggh I've gotten nothing done this week! I feel like I am falling so far behind.

Congrats to all of you ladies with all your checks, good job!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on all those checks, ladies!

This week I started researching hotels for out of town guests.

Saturday, we have our cake tasting.

That's it, I guess.  I think next we will start looking into honeymoon options to see if we can even afford to take one, LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week we officially booked the officiant!  I'm really excited to get that out of the way.  Next I'm probably going to look for a hair/makeup artist as well as a hotel block for our out of town guests.  Why do I feel like I have so much more to do?
  • Nothing major, but I booked an appointment with a makeup artist I actually found on here.  She has been doing makeup for some time and is just starting in bridal so we can both sort of help each other out.  I am excited though, I want to book hair and makeup ASAP just to have them done and over with.

Otherwise, same old same old, slowly getting things together completely for DIY.  I am waiting to hear bake from my cake lady so I can get that ball rolling too.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • This weekend we booked our limo (not many limo companies in my town so we wanted to make sure we got what we wanted) and blocked rooms in 2 different hotels. We are almost done with our address list so we can send out the save the dates in October. We will order the save the dates next week!!!!! I will hopefully meet with my florist next Friday but I am not sure if i work yet.  Also started looking at cake ideas (we figured out the flavors just need to figure out what it will look like. My mom's making the cake and my cousin is decorating it since that is what she does!) and looking into cake toppers as well. No idea what i want to have for a cake topper!
    Photobucket
  • I have stuffed and labeled all of our save the dates, and I am like 15 stamps short, so this weekend they will be sent out. Yay! (Never got that 1 address from FI mom that I C&V's about last week, even though I asked her 5 times, literally. Oh well.) 

I also got a letter in the mail today from my church and it is time to register for a pre cana class. There is one in the fall and one in the spring, but it is an entire weekend so we will have to do it in the fall, FI can't take off a full weekend in the spring. I didn't tell him yet, he is in Saratoga with my dad until tomorrow. He was hopeing the church would forget we had to do it, lol. He will not be happy that he has to take the weekend off and spend pretty much all night Thursday, 9-4 Sat, and 9-1 Sun, but we have to and I hear from other people that they actually had a good time doing it. So we will be booking that soon to make sure we can get in the Fall session. That's it for me :)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • You all are doing so great with your checks! Way to go!! I've not done a thing wedding-wise so far this week. Too swamped with school! During my daughter's dance class Friday, I do think I can squeeze in a visit with a jeweler about turning our old wedding rings into a new set for our renewal, though.

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • We signed and sent in our contract for our Hotel Block.

And this Saturday I go dress shopping for the first time!!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't get too much done :(  Interviewed and signed a day-of coordinator (I'm so relieved.  FI doesn't know yet but the price was perfect and won't hurt the budget really so he'll be ok with it).  Found someone to do a custom veil for me at a VERY reasonable price and picked out the embroidery design for my veil and dress.  Hoping to get more done in the next couple of weeks :)
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards