Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance Anxiety!

I am not much of  dancer (neither is my fiance). Frankly, the idea of being watched as we dance is the scariest thing about the wedding!Surprised 

How long do we have to dance before other couples join in, and how do people know when it's time to join in? (We won't have a dj; just a string quartet). I know that I can take dance lessons before the wedding, and I may, but it will still be very nerve wracking for me!   I suppose we can't dispense with the first dance altogether?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Dance Anxiety!

• Options
    Here's an idea.  Maybe you can have parents and bridal party or others you ask just start to join in and people with get it.  Don't worry!  I am not a dancer either and we will probably dance eighth grade style holding shoulders and waist!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dance-anxiety?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:5129ca13-2923-43bf-a7f5-c127a070d17ePost:4e05315c-c071-403e-9540-8a9dda3667d0">Re: First Dance Anxiety!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't have to do the first dance all alone.  <strong>Just tell your DJ</strong> that you're not doing any special dances and ask him to announce at the beginning of the music that the bride and groom would like everyone to join them in their first dance.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

She said that she's not having a DJ, just a string quartet.

OP, will you have some kind of an MC, or will someone in the band have a mic of some sort? I would have someone a minute or two into a song say something along the lines of "At this time, the B&G would like to invite all of their guests to join them on the dance floor." If not, I like PPs idea -- just ask your family, WP, whoever to join in after a couple minutes. The rest of your guests will probably follow suit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards