New Jersey
Options

invitations - need help!

Ok, I know this has been asked a million times but..

I am running out of time and need to get my invitations ordered asap. I really need to get them back within 2 weeks or so and therefore am planning to order online.   I am definitely on a budget with the invitations but do not want them to look cheap.  For those of you that ordered online, did you get a sample first?  What do you think of weddingpaperdivas and invitationsbydawn? DO you think I will be OK just ordering from one of these vendors without the sample?

This is what I get for procrastinating :)

Re: invitations - need help!

• Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got some samples from weddingpaperdivas and they are good quality
    i got my invites from www.theamericanwedding.com and the quality was great...i had ordered samples from them before ordering the invites....their samples are free (you can get 3- or rather, it was free when i was getting them)....when i ordered the invites they came really quickly
    i would suggest looking at like, retailmenot.com for discounts if you order invites online...i found some good codes to use and saved a lot of money

good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from weddingpaperdivas on rec's from knotties.  The invites are simple and gorgeous, lovely quality. They are 5.25x5.25 squares that I am mounting to pockets from cardsandpockets.com only because I want the enclosures to stay neat! 

Incidentally, I ordered stuff for my std's from cardsandpockets and they have excellent quality paper too!  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i got mine from costco online. i love them! i ordered sample ($1.25 each) then let FI decide which one was his favorite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine frrom a book so that's the only sample I saw, they came in about a month later but I'm sure some companies can work something out if you're in a rush
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would you consider getting DIY? I did mine- they were the Brides brand from Michael's and love them. Timing and budget were also great :-)
    *~allie~*

• Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  i would love to do DIY - but I don't have the neccessary accessories right now.  I still need to buy a new printer (mine is close to 9 years old!).  I just ordered a few samples from weddingpaperdivas and am going to check out the sties recommended above.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi- I recommend them highly -http://www.birchcraftinvitations.com/
    I ordered on a Thursday and had them by Tuesday!  They were very inexpensive because I bought off the budget-friendly section, but they dont look it because Birchcraft is such great quality.  Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommned this Etsy vendor:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/mckennaimpressions

i ordered invites from her and she did a mock up and unlimited changes for me.  she sent me color pdf of each sample she created and each time she made an adjustment.  she also told me what type of paperstock she would use, so i knew it would be cheap or cheap looking. 

Tell her that Michelle referred you. 

best wishes =)
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also ordered Birchcraft invitations, but got them at the Papery in Denville.  I ordered them on a Monday and had them that Thursday. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend ordering a sample. You should order one to ensure it's the right thing. Also you will want to take it to the post office and have it weighed to ensure you have the proper amount of postage included on it. (This way you don't find out at the last second you need more postage or worse put postage on and it wasn't enough!)  Best of luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    totally forget to mention- i said i ordered them online from costco- it only took a week for them to arrive and did not pay for rush shipping. i just did the regular, cheapest shipping option they had.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THanks so much!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards