California-Inland Empire

*Amber*

So you snowboard huh?  Where do you like to go?  I say if you plan to go this season we should all go together!  I was harrasing Andrew yesterday about snowboarding.  I am so desperate to go!  I was looking up prices to see what would be the best deal.
CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: *Amber*

• edited December 2011
    BIP, if you consider the bunny slopes snowboarding, I snowboard too. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    So we'll make it a group event!  Actually I plan to be on the bunny slopes a lot this season with Suraya and to figure out how to use my back rail.  I am great and using my front rail and can get down a mountain great on that rail but I need to learn teh back so my shins don't hurt so much.  i also need to learn to carve. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I have only been to Snow Summit in CA. I used to go a bunch to a place called Wachusett Mountain just outside of Boston and Sunday River in Maine. Do you have any suggestions on where to go out here? DH is taking a "sick day" this week to go to Mammoth which I hear is decent.

Jojo- bunny slope totally counts :)
  • edited December 2011
    Andrew and I wanted to go to Mammoth for Xmas weekend.  he loves it out there.  We ran into a problem...the dogs.  Anyone know of any boarding places? 

I've been to Snow Summit and Mt. High.  I prefer Mt. High, at least the first part of Mt. High you get to first.  It's not very crowded.

So when's our sick day?  
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a place that isn't crowded. I get so mad when the slopes are packed. It makes me nervous because thats how I broke my tailbone so I start to panic and worry that I am going to get hurt again
  • edited December 2011
    OUCH!!!  I am really cautious about snowboarding and don;t go too fast.  I'm scared of getting hurt. The first time I tried I swore I broke my butt too.  I wasn't able to stay up for more than 6 seconds.  It hurts so bad falling!  Now I can get down a mtn without falling but I need lots of practice to look cool doing it!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Hahahaha! I actually like going slow(er) than most people. I'm sure I look dorky but oh well. I have fun. Its just so relaxing to me and it's such a good workout. How long do you usually go for?
  • edited December 2011
    We buy the 8 hour tickets.  We usually stay longer than 4 hours.  4 hours just isn't enough and it's only like $5 more for the 8 hour.  I am always scared of falling off the lift.  I still can't get that part right.  SOmetimes I'm good and other times I fall.  I probably look retarded riding my front rail all the way down.  This means my butt is facing downhill most of the time.  Must be funny looking to others!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I totally use my front rail way more too! I think its because I am so scared I am going to crash on my butt if I use my back rail. I had to sit on one of those stupid donuts for weeks because of my tail bone. SO EMBARRASSING! I do not want to do that again. It will even hurt when the weather is going to change. I feel like one of those old ladies that complains and makes some comment about the weather changing because of my bones
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!  Awww poor girl, a butt pillow!! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards