Michigan-Lansing

Dress Shopping

Hi! I'm new to the boards and newly engaged (week and a half and counting), but starting to think about dress shopping. My wedding is a year away, but I go to school in Illinois (in my final year) and wanted to get dress shopping out of the way as much as possible so I didn't have to worry about it when I was so far away from family.

I'm looking for a tea/knee lengthed dress with a vintage/50s feel. I've heard good things about Becker's and the Wedding Bell in Okemos, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? I'm on a limited budget and based currently in Jackson, if that's useful info. :)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Re: Dress Shopping

• First of all, congrats on the engagement!

I'm originally from Jackson  (live in Haslett now) and my mom still lives there so I tried to do some shopping down there, and I'm sure you've realized, there's not much in town. 

The Bridal Botique on Lansing Ave is nice, not a HUGE selection, but they are nice and its definitely worth checking out. A good friend of mine had really great things to say about Patty's in Quincy, which is just a little south of Jackson. 
    I can tell you that I had a HORRIBLE experience at Brooklyn Bridal and Prom and would recommend anyone to stay far, far away.

The Wedding Bell in Okemos rocked my socks! All of the girls who work there are dreams to work with.

Believe it or not, I saw an adorable tea length dress at David's Bridal when I was in there with a friend of mine looking for her bridesmaids dresses, might be worth checking out.

Good luck with everything! 
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi and congrats! :) I went to DB in K-Zoo and they were alright. Me and 2/3 BMs have gotten our dresses from Mildred's in BC. She is amazing! We loved it and my other BM is going to get her dress there now too. It's a smaller store, but she totally works with you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Check out Bellisima Bridal in Albion.  They had a large selection and decent prices.  It's in the old Masonic Temple building downtown.

Good luck and enjoy shopping.
  • I still like Becker's above everyone else.
    A friend needed something done in a pinch in her wedding day and Becker's bent over backwards to help her out.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_dress-shopping-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:6599cef6-f5fb-4777-9ce2-5549499c3b52Post:81ebbcf7-36eb-462a-b581-e9ecc730c8e2">Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm new to the boards and newly engaged (week and a half and counting), but starting to think about dress shopping. My wedding is a year away, but I go to school in Illinois (in my final year) and wanted to get dress shopping out of the way as much as possible so I didn't have to worry about it when I was so far away from family. I'm looking for a tea/knee lengthed dress with a vintage/50s feel. I've heard good things about Becker's and the Wedding Bell in Okemos, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? I'm on a limited budget and based currently in Jackson, if that's useful info. :) Thanks in advance for any tips!
    Posted by sgerstun[/QUOTE]
  • There is also The Dowery in Grand Ledge. (Grand Ledge is about 10 miles west of Lansing).  It is a new wedding shop, I have heard good things about it.  From what I know they have brand new dress at a discounted price, might be worth a look at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards