Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Mother of the Bride Dress

I am looking at Nordstroms, Macy's, etc.  for my daughter's wedding next June ...  but would also like to take a look at what a bridal shop has to offer for MOB dresses. 

?what shop would have the selection
?what shop would have reasonable prices

I am getting either a tea length or knee length dress ...  afternoon wedding, fairly formal, downtown chicago, with a very nice reception ....
Thanks

Re: Mother of the Bride Dress

• My mom got hers at a shop in Eden Prairie Center called Von Maur.  Their selection was pretty wide and they had cute stuff.  We also went shopping at Southdale for a dress for her to wear to the rehearsal dinner, and we found a HUGE selection at Herberger's, so I would recommend you check that out, too!  Good luck!
  • There is a recent post on the MN board with some recommendations!
  • Bride to be Consignment also has some that have been worn once.  But, when we were there, I noticed most were originally from David's Bridal.  But, since their selection is always changing, it might be worth checking out.

I'm going with my sister to Von Maur on Sat - her daughter is getting married in Sept. 
  • Thanks all!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_mother-of-the-bride-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:eb87edab-9a7d-49d4-91f0-61e9d49c7d41Post:e7bd789f-9c85-4cb6-9f7e-c3790bdb4e94">Re: Mother of the Bride Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a recent post on the MN board with some recommendations!
    Posted by jjbmstinco[/QUOTE]

???I couldn't see this post ..  
  • My mom had good luck at Herberger's for my oldest brother's wedding.

For my middle brother, my SIL paid for her dress at David's Bridal (the color matched the bridal party). They also have some good selections in the length you want-you may even have some luck searching their bridesmaid dresses for tea length. Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards