November 2012 Weddings

Pre Wedding Blues

Does anyone else have this?

Live. Love. Laugh. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pre Wedding Blues

• Not necessarily the blues. More like butterflies and getting nervous lol.
  • I'm just getting REALLY annoyed with FMIL.  I got a RSVP back from a couple she invited, but they wrote that four people would be coming.  I called FMIL to let her know, thinking she would call them and explain that unfortunately only two seats are available for their party.  Instead FMIL asks if she can just pay for their extra seats.  I said no, we're already having more people RSVP yes than we expected so there isn't room, and more importantly, they weren't invited. She then tells me that one of her friends is bringing her brother as her +1, I had to tell her that her friend's invitation was addressed to her alone, and she can't bring anyone with her.  I don't understand what is so hard to get about the fact that only the people named on the invitation are invited!  Since FMIL won't call the couple who invited the extras I told her she needs to give me their phone number.  I can guarantee that she's going to avoid me for as long as possible so she doesn't have to give me their number.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope no blues, some excitement, some nervousness, some moments of "ahhhh" when I look at my upcoming month and a half of appointments and meetings.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Why do you have pre wedding blues?  Is everything okay?

No blues or nerves here.  By this weekend we should be completely finished with all of our planning and at this point I'm just excited for November 2nd to get here!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • not the blues, but my fiancee and I went to order our cake and cupcakes and the baker was trying to convince us to change our wedding colors because the design we choose was not what she wanted.  Very annoyed...so we went somewhere else...didnt have the things we wanted (cake flavors) but it was cheaper and they were 10 times friendlier.
  • No blues. A bit stressed, comes and it goes. Anything specific that you are blue about?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No blues, just excitement!!  We're all getting married NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My blues are stemming from our extreme shortage of cash right now, and that since I've starting sending out emails and making calls about getting a final headcount for the venue, I'm getting a lot of 'no' responses :(  Less people to feed yes, but less friends and family to share the day with :/ and finding more and more invites never got to their destinations... they were never returned but never delivered. Ugh ;p

brandonmelissa- ouch... I feel for you!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Not blue, but excited and nervous. It feels like it is right there and I love it!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only blues I am feeling is that my godmother replied no so she could avoid seeing her son she is estranged from. Of course this is after she looked at dresses with me and then told my mom she would wait to rsvp until after my cousin did. Now she has said no and so has he. My mom is going to reinvite her, but I am so hurt by the whole thing. Just want to be married already.

• Not blue.  Just starting to get a little stressed at all the final/little things that need to get done still.  Trying to get info from FI is like pulling teeth and I'm not even asking much.  Shoot, a simple, "Hey, do you want to do a mother/son dance?" is taking foreeever to get a response from and I really really want to get the final sheet to the DJ checked off my list.

I'm lucky though.  My mom is super awesome and keeping me on track.  We were talking while I was on my way to work tonight and we both have a list of things I want to get done on these days off.  I definitly need to find a way to thank her for everything.
  • Not blue but sooooo stressed. I almost got a little blue the other day when I found out a girl I work with just got engaged. It took me back to when I first got engaged and all the excitement and I got a little sad that the being a bride part is almost over and the planning part wasn't as fun as I had always thought it would be. I can't wait til wedding day though when I can hopefully let go of all the stress and just enjoy the day. Have to learn to give up some control first though because I'm killing myself with stress!
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • I'm in the same boat- if only i could learn to relax. I'm ready for the day to come :)
  • YEah not blue but BURNT. I'm just tired of every conversation I have and every dollar I spend (beside gas and food) being wedding. My parents are driving me INSANE with hourly emails on "did you do this? Did you do this? How's this coming?"  I am ridiculously excited to get married, but I am SO READY for all this to be over too!!!

I was ready to lose it yesterday over money, but our reception actually came in less than I expected so that helped a TON.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards