Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Questions to ask DJ's

We are starting to meet with some DJ's and were wondering what kind of questions we should be asking?  What is really going to seperate one DJ from the next?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Questions to ask DJ's

• Options
    afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do they have backup equipment in case something happens? Who will cover for them if they get sick? Any additional fees (delivery, set up, tear down fee)? What do they wear? Do they take requests from guests? Just a few questions to consider :o)
  • Options
    dawnfraleydawnfraley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much what *afloggie* said but you can also asked if they have experience with working at your venue and with the staff there.  Good luck in your search!  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a bride and an event planner, and this is such a smart thing to ask other brides about!  I would ask what he/she will wear.  I would look at their playlist (once you hire one) and tell them which songs you do NOT want them to play.  This is almost as important as what they do play!  You will also need to determine and let them know the style of your wedding--do you want them to be quiet and just play music?  Do you want them to chat, joke, get the crowd moving?  Do you want them to throw out or give anything away, like at some casual weddings?
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards