Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend?

How many flower girls is too many?

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes?

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?)
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend?
    Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Though I probably wouldn't travel during December at all. 

Fake

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color?
    Sort of.  She wore a sort of tourquoise.  The BMs wore navy.  My MIL wore ivory. 
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend?Christmas, Thanksgiving. All others are ok, although having a wedding on a holiday makes me turn my head sideways and say "huh!"
    How many flower girls is too many?any more than 2 is too many.
    Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes?Fake ones and boy am I glad. We watched the wedding video and after holding the pillow for 3 seconds he flings it!
    Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?)My mom and his mom both tried to match a little. The color was teal, so my mom got a lite teal and his mom did a green.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend?    Christmas or Thanksgiving.

How many flower girls is too many?  Any more than 2 is overkill, IMO.

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes?  Fakes.

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?)
    No idea what my mother wants to wear yet!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend? None. Honestly I feel like since moving to Chile I've kind of lost the holiday traditions anyway, so I'd go to a wedding on any holiday.

How many flower girls is too many? 3 or more.

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes? If we had one, probably fakes - too risky.

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?) No. BMs are wearing coral, FMIL is wearing black, and my dad's fiancé is wearing teal (although she sweetly did send me a link to it online to ask if it was ok).
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend? maybe thanksgiving.  no strong feelings here, but it would make getting together with family more difficult perhaps. (unless the wedding was family).

How many flower girls is too many? I don't really care, but we didn't have any, and were very happy with that.

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes? again, against the kids in weddings stuff.  but I would want them to hold the real ones if you are going to have them in it.  Kids need to learn responsibility. :)

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?) MOB sorta coordinated, and then MIL coordinated with her loosely.  BMs were in royal blue, MOB in a plum, and MIL in a silver with purple undertones.
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend?  If it were local, I'd attend on any holiday.  Three years at Disney replaced most of my holiday traditions with "getting yelled at by thousands of people," so I don't put a lot of stock in holidays anymore.  If I had to travel, it would depend on how much it would cost.

How many flower girls is too many?  One!  At least for us.  For anyone else, three or more.

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes?  Fakes all the way.  Unless the RB is older and very responsible, giving them the real rings seems like a very, very bad idea.

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?)  BMs are in black and silver.  My mom is in black and gold, his mom is looking to wear silver.  No word yet on the stepmoms.  If they ask, I'll try to steer them away from any particularly bright colors, since everyone else will be wearing neutrals.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend? Thanksgiving or Christmas.  My family is big on these two holidays. 

How many flower girls is too many? One or two...

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes? I'm going against the grain here.  I'd give him the real rings tied to the pillow.  And lots of supervision.  I simply don't see the point of dressing a little boy up to walk down the aisle with fake rings. 

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?)  My mom wants to coordinate, I think.  I don't see the point.  At.  All.  But, I'm different...
  • Options
    What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend? Christmas, unless it was local, or it was one of my 2 closest friends. FI would get mad at me saying this, but I really wouldn't care about ditching Thanksgiving

How many flower girls is too many?More than 3 ... and I once was a FG in a wedding that had 5.

Give the ring bearer the real rings or fakes?I'm currently having this arguement with FI. He keeps insisting fake rings "cheapen the experience". Our RB is 8, but has the attention span of a goldfish ... I'm seriously ready to place bets on how long into the ceremony we get before he says "Uncle Meg's FI, this is taking too long" and then gives the pillow to his mom-one of the BMs-to hold (And yes, I know 8 is typically 'too old' for this behavior, but he is the kinda kid who would do this). Plus, FI was an RB when he was like 10 and he admits he can't even remember if they gave him real rings or not ... so how "cheap" can it be?

Is/did your mom wear a dress similar to the BP color? (I know they can wear whatever they want, but DID they try to match anyway?) She is (Her dress is saphire, the girls are in eggplant), but she picked her gown before I had a dress/color finalized. I have no idea what FMIL's dress looks like.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:31d316b6-c665-4b39-8b2f-e44f662ac376Post:7ced5efe-19ce-4b1b-860e-d5f76f6746c5">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is one holiday in which if a friend had their wedding, you would not attend? Christmas, Thanksgiving. All others are ok, although having a wedding on a holiday makes me turn my head sideways and say "huh!"
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Stina, are you saying my New Year's Day wedding is getting the side eye from you? Do I need to change my date now to avoid your judgement? Lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I don't think I'd ever refuse to attend, but I'd grumble LOUDLY at a Halloween wedding unless it was a costume ball.

3+

I'm really torn on this.  I hate the idea of fakes - HATE.  But I wouldn't trust a kid with real, either.  We just went with no ring bearer and avoided the issue.

Mom tried originally, but when she found a dress she loved, the version in brown (my WP color) was awful, with garish orange beading.  So she got it in black, after I finally convinced her it was OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards