Moms and Maids
Options

Young Sister as bridesmaid

My older sister is getting married and I am the maid of honor.  She is 6 years older I am only 17.  I am worried about planning the bachlorette party.  She is SOOO innocent and wouldn't enjoy the typical things that are involved in these parties.  I don't know what type of activities to plan...HELP!!

Re: Young Sister as bridesmaid

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  Bachelorette parties don't have to look like the ones on TV.  I promise.  What about something as simple as dinner and a movie?  Bowling night?  Learn a new sport or skill?  Pottery class?  Ceramic painting?  Snowboard lesson?

One bachelorette I went to was a camping weekend.  One was a sleepover with movies and popcorn.

Ask the other bridesmaids for help too.  Good luck!
  • Options
    KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of things does she generally enjoy?  B parties don't have to be what you see in the movies.  Mine involved a drinking and playing board games in a hotel room (because all my BM's were from out of town).  Then going the next day for a wedding based scavenger hunt, Mexican food and manni peddies.  These were all things I loved with my favorite women in the world.  What does your sister love to do with her friends?
  • Options
    princesskglprincesskgl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm good ideas!! Thanks! both her other bridesmaids will be from out of town so movies and maybe a spa day would probably be awesome!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun with it, basically any group activity would be great.  :  )
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My little sister is 17 and a bm (we are 10yrs apart). The other girls are working with her to plan either a hotel night, beach day, or karaoke event with dinner.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    stemms8810stemms8810 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It can be anything really.  I know my one friend was pregnant at the time of her wedding so we had tea at a cute tea house place and then got pedicures.  It doesn't have to be crazy at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dinner out is also a good bachelorette party.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards