Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who to tip?

So we are down to 53 days according to my knot homepage! Or a little under 2 months. We're beginning to make final payments and nail down the finer details of the day. I thought about tipping after reading various articles on it. I'm a little confused about who to tip in some situations. I will lay it all out for you and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. I want to make sure everyone is shown gratitude in an appropriate way for their services.

Pre Wedding:
Hair stylist  & Make-up artist - our roommate is the BM and also a stylist. He was going to do this for me, but decided to stay with my FI the morning of and have his co-worker do it. He is paying. I still would tip, correct? How much?

Limo driver - gratuity is already added into the contract and final price. Do we add more?

Cake delivery - the delivery charge is included in our cake price. I should tip the driver. What if there is more than one person setting up the cake?

Flower delivery - I know to tip the driver for this

Ceremony:

Priest - we are getting married Catholic and our priest has already said they are not allowed to accept tips. We are making a donation to the church

Organist - I have called the church organist and will be meeting with her a few weeks prior to the ceremony. She didn't mention payment, but I'm assuming she will charge, if not, what do I give?

Reception:

Dj and assistant - Our dj is the owner of the dj company. He does have an assistant who also acts as my day of coordinator and makes sure everything at the reception is taken care of

Photobooth attendants - there wlll 2 people working the photo booth for our reception. The owner of the company did not state whether he would be one of them.

Bartenders/Servers - as per our contract, this is already taken care of prior to the day of the wedding.

Photographer - Groom's cousin and professional who owns photography business and works for local paper. Do we tip in addition to what we are paying her?

Videographers - uncles of the bride and groom, one used to do it professionally. Both have offered to do it for free as long as we provide the discs to tape the event.

Van driver - after the reception we will be going to a local hotel along with some friends who all have rooms there. The limo company is providing the van and charging us per passenger, with each passenger paying their own way for that. Do we give an extra tip at the end of the ride?

Hope this wasn't confusing. I think I got everyone. TIA!

Re: Who to tip?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards