Virginia
Options

Virginia Beach oceanfront ceremony location...help!!

Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

I am getting married at Virginia Beach on Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 11am...We are staying at a hotel that is oceanfront on the boardwalk near 27th Street. I am debating about having the ceremony either in front of the hotel...or further out (around 85th Street was suggested and said to be beautiful). The only problem with having it around 85th Street is it's all private houses and NO parking!

My fiance is worried that if we have the ceremony in front of the hotel that it is going to be busy and not as private. I am wondering how busy the beach is truely going to be on a Sunday at the beginning of May??

Or if someone has a suggestion for a place that is just a BIT farther out off the boardwalk that would have parking (if only a few spots) available?

Thank you so much for any information anyone can give me!

Re: Virginia Beach oceanfront ceremony location...help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

VB is pretty busy in May.  Once it is warm, everyone is out!  May 6 at 11 should be gorgeous though, and I'm afrad any wedding on the oceanfront/boardwalk will be pretty public.  They are good with crowd control there though.  If you want an outside, on the beach wedding, I know the hotels help accomodate for you.  I've talked to people who got married at the Founders Inn and the Hilton and were very happy. 
    Have you looked at the bay area??  I see lots of beach weddings on the Bay, by lesner bridge, and Fort Story.  It's so much more private than the oceanfront, and the main hotel there is the Resort Hotel.  (this is up Shore Dr).  Good Luck!! :)

• Options
    If it is not too late, try the Virginia Beach Resort Hotel on Shore Drive. You can rent their private beach for $500 which includes 20 chairs. I believe each additional chair is $2 - $5. I don't remember the exact dollar amount for extra chairs off hand.

They also have a beautiful beach front deck that you can rent for your ceremony.
    Contact the Corporate Sales Manager Vickie Wicher at 757-481-9000, ext. 2025.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards