June 2012 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon. FI vent

I am so irritated! Last week FI said that we could go to Puerto Vallarta and then some ladies on here suggested the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. So I had stuff all figured out for Cozumel. Which he was fine with. Now this morning he pretty much said that he didn't want to go there.

So now we are back at square one, again! (For the 4th time!) I am pisssed! He wants to do some national park in the US or Canada, and drive there. I couldn't really find any hotels or rental houses that were worth staying at (in my opinion). I found some nice places to rent in Victoria BC. Maybe he will be into that. At this point, if he comes up with something decent, I am all for it. It is getting old! He agreed to research today and write down three places with lodging and prices. Hopefully he will come up with one that works.

He feels that trips are a waste of money. He is such a stick in the mud! :(

Anyone else having a helll of a time booking a HM?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Honeymoon. FI vent

• Options
    My sister and her fiance are planning to go to Victoria, B.C. for their honeymoon. It's really gorgeous, and there are city things to do as well as outdoorsy stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What about tofino in bc? It is gorgeous there, the vancouver island where victoria is has some amazing spots.

http://www.tofino-bc.com/

trust me from what i heard that place is pretty tropical without the worries of mexico. There is so much to do, whale watching, kayaking etc etc etc. Yes you have to pay for your excursions but that is pretty much as with anywhere. I would seriously check it out. You can get a bed & breakfast, a private house, a hotel, a resort, pretty much whatever you want. You would have to book soon if that's something that may appeal though. It is right on the ocean as well so.........
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI is also dragging his feet about the HM. I want beach, he wants "activities". He also hates flying so that doesn't help...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sounds like similiar things said between Ben and I!  We haven't even started planning the honeymoon.  He tells everyone we're going to Great Wolf Lodge - the indoor waterpark for kids that is 30 minutes from my house.  We've already crossed Mexico, Australia and Europe off the "wishful thinking" list.  I'm beachy and he wouldn't lay on a beach for 2 hours if I paid him.  Should be a fun trip to the travel agent!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_honeymoon-fi-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:496b4df9-b679-4690-9945-4e26164ab689Post:a62f9a17-2286-4b26-9e27-71fa7ad596a6">Re: Honeymoon. FI vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just tell him you'll be much more likely to have sex with him if you're not recovering from an asthma attack and sleeping in a tent.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    LMAO
  • Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_honeymoon-fi-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:496b4df9-b679-4690-9945-4e26164ab689Post:a62f9a17-2286-4b26-9e27-71fa7ad596a6">Re: Honeymoon. FI vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just tell him you'll be much more likely to have sex with him if you're not recovering from an asthma attack and sleeping in a tent.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    haha, agree!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_honeymoon-fi-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:496b4df9-b679-4690-9945-4e26164ab689Post:b8e1e14d-1f12-4c17-911e-9b58b2cf162c">Re: Honeymoon. FI vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon. FI vent :FI wants to go hiking and tent camping. Ugh. I am all for tent camping, but we can do that any time where we live. I want someting pretty much once in a lifetime, but that isnt going to happen. I can't hike forever like he can, due to my asthma. We are on different planets when it comes to our HM.
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

We are going to Yellowstone. We both like the national parks. We are not going to stay in the park but at a ranch that is just outside the east gate. We will be able to go hiking, fishing, and horseback riding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_honeymoon-fi-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:496b4df9-b679-4690-9945-4e26164ab689Post:d26165b7-8edd-4a2b-84f8-278ce1064d42">Re: Honeymoon. FI vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon. FI vent : We are going to Yellowstone. We both like the national parks. We are not going to stay in the park but at a ranch that is just outside the east gate. We will be able to go hiking, fishing, and horseback riding.
    Posted by G2SoccerTaz[/QUOTE]

Chad seems pretty interested in going to Virginia City, MT, Yellowstone, and the Tetons. Where are you staying in East Yellowstone? Are there other places you found that were nice? I am having a hard time finding decent places to stay. I am thinking we will stay some place more expensive for a few nights and stay at someplace cheaper for some other nights.

If you are going to Yellowstone, you might want to swing over to the Tetons. They are pretty close if you have a car.
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards