Jewish Weddings

Quick Processional Lineup Question

Quick question!  We are setting up our processional and I had a question about where the Best Man goes.  We have decided to pair up the bridal party to save time going down the aisle.  Here's what we have:

Grandparents
Bridesmaid/Groomsman
Bridesmaid/Groomsman
Bridesmaid/Groomsman
Best Man(??)
Groom and Parents
(Best Man??)
Matron of Honor
Maid of Honor
Bride and Parents

My one thought is that the groom should be the last guy to go down the aisle, so the best man should go before him.  My other thought is that the groom and his parents could separate the bridal party pairings from the special bridal party members (best man, MOH, MOH).  Does that make sense?  I know a lot of people do their processional this way, but I'm only used to seeing the men and women walk separately. 

Where should the best man go?  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Quick Processional Lineup Question

• edited December 2011
    I think they way you have it... best man and then groom... is fine. That's the way we are planning on doing it.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We now have an odd number of bridesmaid to groomsmen. Here is how we plan it:

Ushers x2
    Groom with his mom
    Groomsman
    My mom and step-father
    Bridesmaids x3
    My brother is the best man; but he is also walking me down the aisle, so...

All I've been told is that the bride and fmaily are on the right and groom and family are on the left. We're not having a huge wedding and since I've literally re-planned everything within 6 weeks- I am okay with it!
  • edited December 2011
    There's no standard - I wanted to do it as you did, but our rabbi made DH and his parents go first, so then we had the bridal party (which was only BM and MOH), followed by me and my mom.

If I had had my way, I'd have done BM right before groom w/parents, then bridesmaid/MOH, with bride/parents last.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I don't know how much it matters as long as my parents and I are last and the end result is that we all get up front. Just wasn't sure what people thought.
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had everyone walk alone so it went like this

Groomsmen (3)
    Best Man
    Groom with Parents
    Bridesmaids (4)
    Matron of Honor (1)
    Ring Bearer
    Flower Girl
    Bride with Parents

Then on the way back we paired people up:

Bride/Groom
    Brides Parents
    Grooms Parents
    Best Man/Matron of Honor
    Groomsman/Bridesmaid
    Groomsman/Bridesmaid
    Groomsman/Bridesmaidx2
    *Flower Girl and Ring Bearer sat in front row with parents and went with guests
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards