Ohio-Toledo
Options

Gallipos on Summit St

I was hoping to go here for my bridesmaid dresses and feel like i'm taking a 50/50 chance on getting good service. The reviews are not that great, but Atlas doesn't carry larger sizes to try on and David's doesn't carry burgundy dresses.....any suggestions or opinions about Gallipos???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gallipos on Summit St

• Options
    I personally did not go to Gallipos for the same reason.  However, I do know quite a few brides that have gotten dress' there, with absolutely no problems, in the last 6 months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    I didn't get my dress there, but my sister did try some on there because they were the only store that carried one she liked.  I am just guessing, but I think if they think you are serious about purchasing a dress there they will probably treat you  better.  Since they carry a lot of the higher end dresses I am sure they get a lot of people that come in just to try things on for fun.  If you know what dresses you want and plan on purchasing them there you should be good.  If you are going to look just for ideas, they do (or at least they used to) cut tags out of dresses and not tell you the designers.

I think since you have a real need to shop there they may treat you okay.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got my wedding dress at Gallippos and I loved loved LOVED them!!  They were amazingggggg to me! I did not get my bridesmaid dresses there, however.

Maybe call them ahead of time, set an appointment, and tell them exactly what you are looking for so they know you are serious? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The reviews I have heard about Gallipos have improved ALOT. 5 years ago a lot of brides complained about them (me included). But over the last year or so, I have heard a lot of good things about them.
  • Options
    They used to charge to try on the BM dresses then if you bought them put that money toward the purchase. Not sure if they still do that or not.
  • Options
    I went looking for larger size dresses to try on, they only had a couple in a size larger than a 12, everything else were smaller sizes.  Service was not great, they sent me in the back room to look and pick some out and then showed me where the dressing rooms were and no one ever came back.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    I just bought my wedding dress there a few days ago. I read the reviews before going so I was a little nervous. But I absolutely LOVED it!! It was very orginized and easy to find the types of dresses you are looking for. I had soo many that I loved. The service was great and they helped me find the dress of my dreams. Also gave me 20% off for finding it the first time being there so that helped.They were all a little more than I was hoping to pay but def worth it. The dressing rooms were big and nice and I definatly felt taken care of. As compared to davids bridal, the fitting rooms are tiny & most of the bridal dresses there are cheaper and it definatly shows, I had a hard time finding any I even wanted to try on. As for bridemaids dresses they have alot of good choices, and that it where I decided on getting them for my bridesmaids. But so far I really love gallipos the most out of anywhere I've looked even over atlas and a few other places in toledo. So I def reccomend checking out gallipos!!!
  • Options
    I got my wedding dress there and they were great. I went back looking for bridesmaids dresses and they didn't have what I wanted, so I went elsewhere. But everyone was really nice to me and I had a way better experience there than David's Bridal. Their selection is fantastic and they can alter any of the long gowns and make them into cocktail length, etc. They all know what they're talking about. I highly recommend them as well. Or at least go in and give it a chance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I originally looked at both Atlas and at Gallipos-- but then ventured North to Ann Arbor for bridesmaid dresses. I had great service and a large selection of colors and sizes at B.Ella bridal. I encourage anyone to contact Catherine and set up an appoinment!
  • Options
    Loved Gallipos!  Make an appointment and you will be their only priority!  I bought my dress there in December and all of my bridesmaids purchased theirs last month (March 2012) They were cheaper and more accommodating than Atlas and David's. They won't let you take pictures of dresses unless you are buying, which I can understand since some people try on dresses in stores and then buy online but be prepared for that. So far they have been great and when all the dresses come in for my November wedding I will update how the alteration went!  Smile
  • Options
    Cont'd. from my previous post...

Oh yeah... and I'm not a small lady and they had several dresses I could try on.  Unlike Atlas and most of the bridal shops in Michigan. I believe I had over 15 wedding dresses size 16 and up in the room with me that was the silhouette and color I was looking for. My recommendation is to try on dresses everywhere your heart desires and save Gallipos for last. This way you will be able to see the difference in quality and price and be as pleased  with your experience there as I was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards