Just Engaged and Proposals

Help!

My fiance Cliff and I decided to wait to 2014 to get married. One reason was my mother saying that she wants us to get married in 2 to 3 years. And another reason is because we believe that our parents are not going to help us pay for the wedding. I want to have the big beautiful southern wedding but I am lost on what I should do or not do.

Re: Help!

• Have you talked with your FI? There is nothing wrong with a long engagement ours will be 18 months by the time we are married. 

Talk with him and see what you guys want to do. If you need to wait a few years to save for your dream wedding I would go ahead and do that. Price out estimates for food, venue etc. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Do YOU and your FI want to wait to get married?  It's your wedding, so you guys should do what you want.  If you just recently got engaged, I don't see anything wrong with waiting until 2014 to get married.  Then you have time to save if you think you won't have help.  There are lots of brides on this site that have long engagements, and lots with short ones.  Everyone is different.  Do what works for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Ultimately, it's up to you and your FI. If you need to take the time to save up for the wedding, then take it. There's nothing wrong with a long engagement. My wedding isn't until 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards