Military Brides

boutonnieres and corsages for non military

FI and his BM will be in Marine dress blues so obviously no boutonnieres...niether of myu parents care to have a boutonniere or corsage but I don't know if it's just more formal to have the parents of the bride and Groom to have them anyways. I was thinking since the guys will be in thier Blues, it wouldn't be missed but idk...what do you you all think? what have you done?
She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: boutonnieres and corsages for non military

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did your parents say they didn't want to wear one, or didn't care if they did or not?  

I wouldn't say that it's more formal for them to wear corsages/bouts, it's more a sign of respect and honoring them.  If they said they don't want to wear one though, then you can save the money.  

We did corsages/bouts for H and all the GMs (nobody in uniform), parents, grandparents, my brother, and anyone involved in the ceremony.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning on having boutonnieres for the fathers and grandfathers, and corsages for the mothers and grandmothers.  I think it is a nice way to honor those people who are important to you.  For the non-military groomsmen/ushers I think we're going to do colored handerchiefs instead of boutonnieres.  Hope that helps! 
  • edited December 2011
    My parents both said they do NOT want one, say it look silly and prom-like.
    Right now I'm leaning towards a pocket square for my dad and be done with it. There are no other GM, just his BM so it's not like the bridal party will have them and no one else. 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, ok...If they don't want one I wouldn't force them to wear one!
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine had the same issue with her wedding.  Her parents did not want bouts or coursages.  She still wanted to honor them in a special way.  She gave her father and the groom's father beautiful tie pins to wear.  She gave the mothers and grandmothers small bouquets of four flowers each to carry.  She waited and presented them just after they lit the unity candle.  They ladies were very suprised and loved the gesture. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards