Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Primrose Cottage??

Has anyone used this location or know pricing? I love the way it looks but am afraid it may be to expensive.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Primrose Cottage??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's pretty expensive, at least for what I was looking for.  In addition to having to use their catering & bar, you HAVE to use their florist.  They do ALL decorating and will not allow any outside decorating.  For my 150 guest list I believe they were quoting me $14,000, and that was with a winter price break and a buffet dinner, beer and wine bar.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fantastic Venue!  They are owned by a well known wedding company that also has several other venues around metro Atlanta.  Little Gardens, the Atrium & Flint Hill.  My sister is set to have her wedding at Primrose Cottage and I have attended several weddings there.  It is a first class operation from my experience.  Food is fabulous & the staff was on top of everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's an absolutely beautiful venue!!!! Teri was awesome to work with as well. Although we decided to marry in Florida, Primrose was a finalist in our ATL search. I think for what they offer the price is very reasonable. For our wedding ceremony and reception of 100 people, I was quoted $9,000. That was after a couple discounts but well worth it to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using it for my upcoming wedding.  It is expensive at first glance, but once I started pricing everything out, it wasn't that far off from getting a bunch of different vendors (rentals, caterer, florist, coordinator, etc.).  The cost difference was minimal, and well worth it to me since I don't have as many vendors to manage. 

There are ways to cut costs there, like having a day time reception instead of evening.  If you've already been there, you've seen that it doesn't need much additional decoration.  The place is beautiful on its own.  My family is very conservative, so we're not serving alcohol and decided to ditch sodas too (tea and lemonade are perfect for a summer afternoon!).

You can get the cake and carried flowers from outside vendors if you want.  I'm using Kelly Kakes in Roswell, which was still less with the PC cake cutting fee than if I got a cake through Primrose.  I'm also using an outside florist for the bouquets, I'm just using that color/flower sparingly for continuity in the PC flowers so they don't have to coordinate.

The food is awesome!  I've talked to a bunch of other people who have been to events there and have never heard one negative thing about PC.
  • Options
    caramcd86caramcd86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Flint Hill, which is owned by the same company. Up front it does seem very expensive. I've been to another wedding there and everything was top-notch. Food was delicious. One plus for me, because I have to plan the majority from grad school in NYC, is that they do do everything. It takes away a lot of the stress of finding numerous vendors. 
  • Options
    dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked there as well and thought the price was very reasonalble.  We don't mind using a venue's caterer and bar packages (one less thing to worry about).  Ultimately, we didn't choose it because I didn't want to be forced to use their florist and design team.  I have a lot of DIY personal touches that I wanted to add in, and that wasn't possible to do there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a wedding photographer, this is one of my favorite venues to photograph at. I do 70+ weddings a year and it's always a pleasure to shoot here. Like the other posters mentioned: the food is good, the staff is professional, the venue is beautiful in all seasons, and for a photographer, the light is great! Good luck!

Rebecca Bunch
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, I can only confirm what the other post said, it is pretty expensieve. I chose it because of the look and location but mostly the food which I got to taste at one of their bridal showcases. very helpful and accommodating people but the price does start to pile up because of their decor and food minimums. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsDubeFutureMrsDube member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at Flint Hill, and the owners of that group of venues is fantastic.  They REALLY worked with me to get what I wanted under my budget.  I do know that I pushed my wedding back to November 5th (originally middle of October) because they offered a significant discount.  Primrose was our second choice, but chose Flint Hill.  Their food and service is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards