Chinese Weddings

Help with food!

Hi ladies, I am hit with a very difficult dilemma about food.

I am here in Cincinnati and both our families insist that we serve Vietnamese/Chinese food.  I also agree because most of the guests will be Vietnamese/Chinese so it's the most hospitable choice.  The problem is, the choices of caterers in my city are limited to just restaurant owners.  The food at these restaurants is good but they won't have the linens, plates, and flatware with them, which we really need because most reception places we are looking at won't provide those!  And the restaurants themselves are too small.

Some girls in the area have suggested to go search for a proper Chinese or Vietnamese caterer from outside the city.  Of course travel charges will apply and I would be willing to pay that.  Would you know of any Vietnamese/Chinese caterers in nearby cities?  Maybe Chicago?

Thanks so much!
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help with food!

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there some reason you can't rent linens, dishes, and flatware?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin recently got married in Beavercreek (that's somewhere near Dayton... so that's like 1 hr from Cincinnati, I think) over the winter holiday. She had a restaurant owner (in Dayton) supply the Chinese food and she just went through a separate vendor for dinnerware/cutlery & etc. I don't think renting would be all too difficult.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If I were to rent the silerware and linens, who would set them, clean up, and wash them?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    usually the rental company deals with set up
  • edited December 2011
    my cousin rent the linen from the rental company and they responsible to clean up and collect as well, just ask them to deliver to the banquet, then ask them to collect them after your party or the next day (if the restaurant allows).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards