Colorado-Denver

Cake HELP

My future MIL has a friend who does wedding cakes and is very good and not to expensive. I have been emailing her for 2 weeks now so we can do our testing and then put the deposit down and haven't gotten a word from her. I left e-mails, voicemails and even texted her! I am starting to worry since we are a few days away from our 4 month mark and don't want to keep waiting for her then find out she isn't doing it. If anyone has any recommandations (with cost prices) I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Its a girl!! Cameron Rae born 1/8/13 @ 501am Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cake HELP

• HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Val from Totally Baked Chef.  She was great!  If I remember correctly her prices are $2/slice for buttercream and $3/slice for fondant.

She let us try around 50 different cakes when we went tasting and the pictures of all the cakes she has done is quite impressive.  

Hope that helps!  Hope that lady gets back to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Bagel Bakery is doing our cake.
    http://thebagelbakery.net/

if i remember right it's $3.00 per person. ( we aren't paying for it so i don't know the exact amount)

there are 2 store locations one in Thornton and one in Brighton. they have a kiosks at The Orchard Town Center in Westminster (next to the children’s play area).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Das Meyer Pastry Chalet is great!  They are closed during the month of January, but starting in Feb, you can go for free tastings every Saturday.  They've been around for a LOOOONG time.  They're tasty, their cakes are gorgeous and we're getting our cake for 100, with cake stand rental and delivery all for $400ish.
  • JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:3f0ad2d8-e40b-4645-8eac-9604d24d9eaaPost:f8659bd2-8a78-4c6c-abe0-875450885891">Re: Cake HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Val from Totally Baked Chef.  She was great!  If I remember correctly her prices are $2/slice for buttercream and $3/slice for fondant. Her website is  <a href="http://www.totallybakedchefllc.com" rel='nofollow'>www.totallybakedchefllc.com</a> She let us try around 50 different cakes when we went tasting and the pictures of all the cakes she has done is quite impressive.   Hope that helps!  Hope that lady gets back to you!
    Posted by Heywhitney[/QUOTE]

We are using her too! She is amazing.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've contacted Valerie now; is she pretty good at responding to emails?

I like her prices!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    This may be my favorite thread Ever... I was getting pretty distressed at the $6 per serving average price that I was finding.  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards