California-San Diego

Mexican Food for Wedding Reception

Hello!

We are getting married at Powerhouse Park in Del Mar and thought it would be fun to have Mexican food at the reception.  Has anyone done this or is doing this for their reception?  Can you recommend any caterers/restaurant for this?

Thanks!

Re: Mexican Food for Wedding Reception

• edited December 2011
    There's an awesome catering company called El Tapatio in Imperial Beach. They catered my fiancee's dad's wedding last year and it was amazing, and reasonably priced. Hope that helps and good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Call around to your favorite Mexican Restaurants most all of them will say yes to cater your event!
  • edited December 2011
    Are you looking for fancy-restaurant style mexican food or more like homemade street food style?  

I've been to a few large parties that used a catering company from south of the border (supertacostj.com) and they come and grill everything right there--they even hand roll and cook the tortillas fresh in front of you.  They are some of the best mexican food I've had ever, but I don't know how they do at a wedding--the ambiance might need to be dressed up a bit to not look too hoakey, if you know what I mean.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards