September 2012 Weddings

Engagement sessions

Hopefully this doesn't get lost in the mysterious deletions by the knot... 

How long were your engagement sessions? How many pictures and how much did you pay (if it was a seperate cost from your photo package)? 

Our photographer is about average cost for this area and includes an engagement session but it's only an hour. We can pay for extra time but it's more expensive than I thought it would be so I'm not sure if it's in our budget or even worth it. If we can figure out one location we like and one outfit selection then maybe we can get enough shots in an hour but I have no idea. Any advice? 
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Engagement sessions

• We did ours a few weeks ago and we only did one location, but it was beautiful with multiple views and i don't even think it lasted an hour. Ours was included so we didn't pay for ours separately.

So I guess it would depend, if you want more than one location... you might need to pay for more time depending on travel time but if you're only doing one location one hour should be plenty
    Sept 2012 May Siggy
    Honeymoon in Mexico

292474_f520 Wedding Countdown TickerLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Our photog said it was an hour, it ended up being closer to 2 just because they were enjoying theirselves. They didn't charge us for the extra time. I think I got 50 photos on a DVD from that.
  • Our e-pics were just done on Monday and we were out for almost 2.5 hours cause the photographer was having too much fun with us.We did three outfits and two locations. The price was included in our package but we are getting a book with the photos inside and that costed extra. I know I am going to order some more photos once they are available in 4-6 weeks.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Ours was supposed to be 2 hours but ended up being 3+ (in two different sessions) for the same reason as PPs. She had never shot in an ice rink and I think she was just enjoying the experience. I offered to pay her extra for her time but she declined. We had 2 locations, 3 outfits, and ended up with about 175 pics.

The session came with our package but I think she charges $300-350 to do it a-la-carte. She also charged us an extra $50 for the extra location/travel and to split the time between 2 days. To me that was nothing. Also, her policy is that if you do a normal session (2 hours in 1 day) she lets you pick two locations within 15 minutes of each other. Maybe you could see if your photog would go for that? How much extra is she wanting to charge you?

For me, personally, I wanted to be able to do at least 2 outfits and I love that we have pics with 2 different locations and completely different types of pics. I also felt like it took us a little while to get comfortable in front of the camera, so to me, 2 hours would be best. I definitely think it was worth it for us, but I guess it would depend how much money you're talking about.
    Anniversary
  • Yea, I really wanted to do one outfit change and two different locations. Our photographer included the one hour session in our package but additional time is $375/hour. 

We're going to scout out some of the locations we picked this weekend and if we can get two close together maybe she'll go for that. I just wasn't sure if $375/ hour will be worth it. I think it will take me some time to get comfortable because I'm notoriously un-photogenic so I'm leaning towards doing 2 hours total even though it seems like a lot (though I pretty much had no clue on what to expect for prices). 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards