Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Travel Agent Recs?

FI and I are looking at possibly going to Cancun for our honeymoon. I searched old threads and it looks like two commonly recommended TAs are through Tiki Trips and Beachbumvacations.com. Are there any others I should be considering?

We have looked at two AI's through Expedia/Trip Advisor: Grand Oasis Palm and Golden Parnassus. Would it be better to go through a TA instead of booking direct through Expedia? Should we wait to contact a TA until we have our passports in hand, or at least on their way? FI had to order another copy of his birth certificate, so we won't be able to apply for his for at least another 2 - 3 weeks.

Re: Travel Agent Recs?

• We used a TA to book our honeymoon, but only after comparing their prices with everything else. Once you've narrowed down your choices (sounds like you might have already, but a TA can also give suggestions based on what you're looking for), I would recommend comparing prices of the TA, travel sites (Expedia, bookit.com, cheapcaribbean.com) AND through the resort directly. The TA that we used was Susan Berman with Berman Travel (through the recommendation of a co-worker). E-mail: Susanberman@bermantravel.com. Website: CLICKY. If you contact her, please mention that Erica suggested her!

Another thing worth mentioning is that it doesn't hurt to contact more than one TA, either. Some of them may have better relationships with certain resorts than others...and since you have a few specific ones in mind, it can't hurt to check around.

You aren't committed to book through the TA just because they helped you or just because you inquired, but a lot of times they will try to match other deals that you find (if you find something cheaper). You don't need to wait until you have your passports. Seeing as how you're about 3 months out, now is probably great timing. I believe you WILL have to have your passports to be able to book, but personally I think it's best to keep researching in the meantime. HTH! :)
    Anniversary
  • Thanks EJ, that helped quite a bit =) ! When it comes to upgrades and stuff, would it be better and ask that when/if we pick a TA to go with, or go ahead and add that into the initial conversation?
  • We used cheapcaribbean.com and got an awesome price! If you aren't afraid of booking online, it is a great way to go! We are leaving in a couple weeks for an AI, adults only resort in Akumal, Mexico. We got a penthouse suite with jacuzzi tub for 7 days & airfare for close to 3500. Are you going right after you wedding? I would suggest rushing your passports just to be sure. Mine only took 5-6 weeks, but I have heard some horror stories from friends of mine. Happy planning!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_travel-agent-recs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e89878da-d95c-402e-b748-bd9725980941Post:4cde201f-98ef-42cf-b65e-97e922039ff5">Re: Travel Agent Recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used cheapcaribbean.com and got an awesome price! If you aren't afraid of booking online, it is a great way to go! We are leaving in a couple weeks for an AI, adults only resort in Akumal, Mexico. We got a penthouse suite with jacuzzi tub for 7 days & airfare for close to 3500. Are you going right after you wedding? I would suggest rushing your passports just to be sure. Mine only took 5-6 weeks, but I have heard some horror stories from friends of mine. Happy planning!
    Posted by jillrenee&brett[/QUOTE]

Yeah we are planning on going the day after our wedding. FI is supposed to get his birth certificate another week or two, so that is kind of what is holding us up a bit. I don't very well want to go on a trip without him!

We had though about just staying in the US and going to New Orleans, but apparently the week of/after our wedding is a jazz festival down there, so most of the hotels are already booked =/. If nothing else, there's always Vegas!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_travel-agent-recs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e89878da-d95c-402e-b748-bd9725980941Post:e5b5b632-1908-40a6-8fff-0ab15f287f40">Re: Travel Agent Recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks EJ, that helped quite a bit =) ! When it comes to upgrades and stuff, would it be better and ask that when/if we pick a TA to go with, or go ahead and add that into the initial conversation?
    Posted by shishigami26[/QUOTE]

No prob! I would probably actually wait until you've decided on a place, because I think it will probably really vary depending on the resort (and how good their relationship is with them).
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards