Arkansas

Alcohol - NWA

It has recently come to my attention that we may have the opportunity to have alcohol at our wedding. It wasn't going to be an option but now that it is...I have NO IDEA what to do.

-Should I hire a bartender?

-How much money would I be looking at spending?

-Is there anywhere in NWA that has a great deal on beer/wine?

-Is there anything else I should know pertaining to alcohol at a Friday evening wedding?

-Lastly, are YOU having any alcohol at your wedding? (Please include any details possible. I really need ideas.)

Thank you!!
Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Alcohol - NWA

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea about any of the specifics since our place had a full open bar (we got married in NY), but I'd start off checking with your venue.  Some places will require you to obtain a liquor license and require you to have a bartender.

I'd also suggest posting on a more active board for some more input...I post on Snarky Brides, but those girls can and will answer a wedding related question quite well.  You can just copy and paste your post from here and see what response you get.

GL!  :)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Most of the time I just try to post in here because eventually I hope someone else from my area will start posting too.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • mlhubbardmlhubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue, Magnolia Gardens, requires us to get our alcohol from them.  They provide a bartender and full bar for $25/hr.  I would think Sams or Macadoodles would be your best prices though!
  • edited December 2011
    I debated about hiring a bartender. In the end, I decided on just beer, wine & a spiked punch. That way I don't have to worry about mixers, there's a lil for everyone and most importanly, I'm going to just set up a self-serve station and designate one of our guys to make sure stuff is cold and wine is corked.

I too am looking for a place in Little Rock that offers deals. I know there has to be a good place and I've heard of liquor stores here in Vegas offering where you can return unopened cases if you over buy. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards