California-Napa

Vendors?

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married in Sonoma in September.  I am started to look for vendors (DJ, florist, caterer, photographer, etc.)

I would love to get some recommendations from other Napa brides.  I am on a budget, so if you found any deals let me know...but if they are worth the cost, I will definitely look into them.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Vendors?

• edited December 2011
    I know a GREAT! photographer. Nirav Patel, here is his blog, he is so amazing- really trys to capture YOU at your best!

http://niravphotography.com/blog/
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll check it out!
  • mooselissamooselissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    Which venue are you using? I'm getting married at Sebastiani in June. So far I've selected Park Avenue caterer (had my tasting on Saturday and they were great--at a much lower cost than any others), Denise Kramer for DOC (required by venue) I really like her and she was a good value, Denon & Doyle for DJ (another really good value) and for photo booth. I'm still figuring out flowers, cake, hair/makeup.

Are you local or planning long distance?

HTH,
    Mel
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Mel,

How did you find your DJ?  Were they recommended by the venue?  If you don't' mind sharing, can you please tell me a price range for them?  I would be using them for ceremony music as well & I'm looking to stay around $700 for 5 hrs.

TIA!

-A
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mooselissamooselissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Amy,
    I think I originally ran across Denon and Doyle because they won a "Best of the Knot" award. My FI went to a "showcase" they do every so months to demo their services and really liked them. My DOC recommended AMS, but when I asked her about D&D she said that AMS always recommends D&D if they can't do the event and that they're also very good. AMS was $1500 and D&D was $995. That was the best price I found for someone who wasn't super cheesy.

Good luck!
    Mel
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Amy and Mel,

I will look into those vendors!  I am planning from San Francisco, so I am very local, but I would much rather go from recommendations than google.,,,,,,  It's overwhelming how many vendors we have to choose from, I guess thats a good thing though.

I found my photographer, he's amazing.  His name is Mike Danen.  The wedding will cost about $2K, with no travel fees or anything else.  Great deal for the quality he brings.

Thanks again for the ideas!

Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Amy and Mel,

I will look into those vendors!  I am planning from San Francisco, so I am very local, but I would much rather go from recommendations than google.,,,,,,  It's overwhelming how many vendors we have to choose from, I guess thats a good thing though.

I found my photographer, he's amazing.  His name is Mike Danen.  The wedding will cost about $2K, with no travel fees or anything else.  Great deal for the quality he brings.

Thanks again for the ideas!

Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards