New Hampshire
Options

Losing inches?

Hi girls! I am one week into my diet/exercise routine for the wedding. My weight stayed the same, so I guess that's good for having some drinks this week, hahaha!

I don't have much weight to lose, but I need to lose inches off my waist. The wedding is giving me the motivation, but it's a health thing too. I really do need to lose 2-3, maybe 4, inches off my waist. For my weight and height, my waist is pretty unhealthy. Any tips or suggestions?

Re: Losing inches?

• Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya girl! I have my first fitting at the end of the month and I deifnitely packed on the pounds over the Holidays!

I have been doing the diet and exercise thing, which has been working well for me so far! I also start Pilates on monday during my lunch hour! There is a TV show that has given me a lot of ideas for exercises, it is a Canadian show called "Bulging Brides" and it is all about losing the inches! I am not sure if you can get it in the States but her is the link, they have an online video archive: http://www.slice.ca/Shows/ShowsPage.aspx?Title_ID=113151
    Here is the specific Health page: http://www.slice.ca/explore/health/

I also love, love Oxygen Magazine:http://www.oxygenmag.com/

GL, I am trying to do the same thing so let me know if you need anything else!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm in the same boat.  I was doing really well last summer and then put some back on over the holidays.  For me, running really helps.  I also like the Jillian Michael's workout videos for strength training and core exercises.  I really believe the best thing you can do is eat healthfully and exercise regularly.  Nothing crazy, just everything in moderation.  I blog about it, which keeps me accountable and I have some healthy (and yummy recipies on there too).  The link is in my siggy if you wanted to check it out.
    Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Jillian Michaels workouts as well, they are short and to the point and I always feel more tired and sore after that than an hour at the gym.  When done consistently I have seen results, (now I just need to get back to that consistency!)  I have the 30 Day Shred and the No More Trouble Zones.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have Comcast OnDemand you may still be able to find 30 Day Shred there - they have some good workouts to try out before you purchase anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jillian Michael's 30 day shred!!!
    I used this before my b-pics and it's such an intense workout, I couldn't do it everyday.  I tried to do it every other day or so and noticed a big difference in how my clothes fit and how I felt.  I didn't loose a single pound until just before the wedding when the stress weight loss really kicked in - then, I dropped 10 pounds without even trying anymore. 
    I intend to start up again with the 30-day shred to get firm again for my honeymoon in April.  The biggest reason I stopped before the wedding was that it got super hot and humid later in the summer, and my exercise room doesn't have AC. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards