Florida-West Coast

12 days!

With 12 days to go I want to rip my hair out.  Things that seem so easy apparently are difficult for others.  After waiting days for it, I finally got my updated list of rooms that have been booked at the hotel.  Well of course, my fiancees family is not on the list.  It turns out that they all forgot to book under our wedding!!  
I feel like in the last 2 days I've sent out 1000000 emails confirming, checking schedules, verifying numbers, changing tables.  You would think that it would be so easy w/ all of the technology we have, but some people take so long to get back to you.  I think I hit the refresh button on my computer a million times a day hoping that maybe someone answered a question.
I can't possibly be the only person who feels this way can I???
TTC #1 since 09/10
Me: 32 DH: 34
5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
dx varicocele
DH ultrasound
6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
P/SAIF Welcome
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 12 days!

• edited December 2011

No, definitly not..sigh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

oh man....I am not at the point yet, but I can only imagine that I will be in the same boat (my FI's family doesnt' always do things ahead of time, they are not very organized either).  At some point you just have to say, "ive done all I can" and try and enjoy it.....although i bet that is easier said than done.

• edited December 2011
    BREATH!!!!  Ok - I was officially signing off a couple days ago but saw this and had to respond.  I have 10 days left and Iif it helps, I am right there with you! 

I have be emailing people to confirm everything and I have a small hissy fit in my head if they don't respond within a couple of hours - yah can you say certifiable???!! LOL   Fortunately, vendors have gotten back to me within 48hrs and all is good...but, I can understand the hair-ripping stress!

As mbathey said- you have done everything you can, when it comes to family...they are grown-ups and if they can't do some simple planning it is their problem, not yours. The only thing I did, (because my brother is one of "those!") is book his flight down there and said, "I got you down there, you can get yourself back!"

Have fun and what is that quote I keep seeing....Keep Calm & Eat A Cupcake...
    For me, cupcakes (any food) make everything better!! LOL
    updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup.  I emailed the hotel the day before the hotel block and just added everyone's names that I knew was coming so at least I had a paper trail.  People don't read information I've come to this conclusion.

And to boot, FI's grandfather just passed away yesterday so we're headed out to Pittsburgh tomorrow to go to a funeral one week before our wedding...two days before I leave for Florida.  Can't. believe. this. is. happening.

I punted.  I just assigned everyone I knew a task.  It's all I can do at this point is delegate.

Please God just get me through this next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards