Kentucky-Louisville

Just starting and already stalled

I'm just starting on trying to plan and the first thing I wanted to do was get my venue.  Well, I'm still going to try, but it looks like they are completely booked.  So now I need to at least have some backups if I can't make it work.  I'm wanting the ceremony and reception to be held at the same place.

Every place I look at seems crazy expensive or . . . well kind of boring.  I thought the place I wanted was expensive at $750 but it looks like if I could have gotten it, it would have been a steal.  I'm not completely set on the October 1, 2011 date, but I also don't want to be freezing cold or sweating to death.  The venue I had picked out was totally perfect, different, what I've been dreaming of since I first visited (totally un wedding related) over 5 years ago.  I'm half tempted to push the wedding off another year, but I think my mother would have a heart attack.

Re: Just starting and already stalled

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where were you wanting it?  We might be able to come up with a different venue with the same feel.  What if you went to a Friday or Sunday ceremony?  What if you moved your date just a bit? 
  • edited December 2011

I was wanting the Lost River Cave (it's in Bowling Green).  They have some Fridays available, but  FI seems pretty determined for a Saturday wedding and they don't have any, I'd prefer a Saturday too, but I'm not as determined.  My date isn't set in stone and actually after talking to FI last night, it appears that he changed his mind and wants a summer wedding instead of a fall to avoid him and the kids missing class. 

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah.  It's gorgeous down there.  I'd just look at moving the date then.  Is there anything in late September?  I've seen some beautiful Sunday weddings.  It's rare, but really neat. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards