North Carolina

TGIF!

Hooray, finally Friday!

Anyone have big plans this weekend? FI is playing a little "gig" in his parents neighborhood for a cookout they're having...so that will be fun!
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TGIF!

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad it's Friday...but gosh this morning came early.  One of my bridesmaid's turned 25 yesterday, and we went out for margaritas to celebrate.  Evidently, I'm not as young as I use to be.  I am soooo tired today. 

Just housework and shopping this weekend.  :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    So glad it's Friday. It's been a crazy long week.

The lab I teach went so much better last night than on Monday. I wasn't quite as nervous this time. Getting more excited about teaching this semester, but man is it tiring. I just come home and want to crash. Rufus the puppy has other ideas, though.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I have never seened to catch up from last weekend at the beach.  I will be so happy to finally sleep and have nowhere to be tomorrow morning.

Today I have my final fitting...it will be nice to see my dress on me and actually fitting for the first time!!  Its starting to get to the super eager point now...only 9 days to go!

Having friends over Saturday night for a cookout and to watch the Panthers game.  Should be fun...FI planned this weekend without consulting the calendar expert (me!).  I had left this weekend intentionally empty...but oh well...it will be great to hang out with friends for the last weekend as an unmarried couple!

Have a great Friday and awesome weekend everyone!!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! :o)

I hope everyone has had a great week!
    Today = bad (I woke up late, thus not going to class) and good (try-outs are this afternoon) so now I'm headed out to find some better looking jeans to wear since I don't have any breeches yet.  I'm hoping that'll make me look at least a weeeee bit better than my older faded jeans.

Tomorrow I'm going riding since I haven't been able to for most of the week. DH is going out with Jessica's DH to play board games -it's cute. . really- :o) And then we've got a cookout to go to with our sundday school class.
    Sunday will be church, lots of riding and more riding.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Friday! It's my birthday this weekend, so I'm not sure what we're doing but I think FI is taking me out to dinner on Saturday. Otherwise, I am just so happy to be home for the first weekend since July! Sleep is my friend! :)

Hope everyone's having a great day and has a great weekend!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad it's Friday!

Tomorrow I am going dress shopping at Bridal Mart. I think it's going to be a zoo in there on a Saturday but it's the only day that my MOH (sister) can go too and I really want her to see me in my favorite dress.  Then we are going to Greensboro (my hometown) to celebrate 5 August familiy birthdays. Will be crazy but fun!

Malea - That is so exciting that you only have 9 days left!

Corrine - Happy Birthday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Corrine!

No big plans. We have a wedding to go to tomoro nite. I'm excited cause maybe I can get some more ideas. Sunday I may work on getting things ready for our yard sale next wkend.

TGIF everyone!
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_tgif-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:001ba67d-3180-486d-a1c1-4a5b93601e5ePost:299eab13-7fcb-499e-9c42-73d239f6c73c">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Friday! It's my birthday this weekend, so I'm not sure what we're doing but I think FI is taking me out to dinner on Saturday. Posted by CJ4578[/QUOTE]
    Today is my birthday.  Guess we share wedding dates and birthday weekends this year :)  FI's birthday is tomorrow.  He is 364 days older than me, so for this one day we are the same age.  My mom offered to cook us a nice dinner, but I said I really just wanted a night at home on he couch, watching a movie, and drinking wine.  We haven't been able to do that in  while with so much going on.

Tomorrow i have my first dress fitting.  I've dne so good at losing weight lately, I am hoping she will be able to start with the hem and bustle and wait a ltitle while to take in the top.  It would suck to either have the dress end up too big, or stop tring to lose some pounds!  

Then we head to Statesville for the party FI's parents friends are throwing us since most can't make the wedding.  I am dreading it.  Not only do I have to make small talk with people I don't know, but my parents will be there so I will feel like I have to be sure they are comfortable since they won't know anyone.  Especially since FI's parents didn't really want my parents there in the first place!  (I had an earlier post about this drama).

Anyway -- hope everyone has a good weekend! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi y'all.

Everyone seems to have super exciting plans.  FI and I are attending my Great Aunt's 90th Birthday Party tomorrow in G-boro.

Have fun this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beth and C - Happy birthday to you both!  It should be a beautiful weekend  to celebrate.

I am still dealing with the whole chicken pox mess.  But FI's best man is coming down to visit for the weekend.  He is really excited!  I'm excited too b/c I can stay home and rest all weekend without feeling bad that he has nothing to do. It's a win win.
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday too Beth! That's so funny. :)

Alyson I hope you continue to feel better! I'm glad you can rest up this weekend.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beth - Happy Birthday!! I'm from Statesville!!

C - Happy Birthday weekend!!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_tgif-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:001ba67d-3180-486d-a1c1-4a5b93601e5ePost:c637aa8b-eea4-498c-8df2-7b63fe0df623">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth - Happy Birthday!! I'm from Statesville!! C - Happy Birthday weekend!!
    Posted by SassyPants150[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  What HS did you go to, and when did you graduate? From what I can tell its a relatively small town -- FI's family had something to do with the start of Statesville...maybe you know each other :)

EDIT: I just found you on FB and we have a mutual friend from Statesville -- I knew it :)  She is one of FI's groomsmen's younger sisters!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards