New Jersey

Golden Note, Sebastian

Hey all

Last night we met withJillian at Golden Note.  After seeing them preform at a bridal show, and then sitting down and talking to her, we felt we were pretty happy with the company.  She recommended that she felt Sebastian would be a good fit for us.  Has anyone used him before?  I was just looking to get some feedback before we make our decision.  

Also has anyone used just the basic dance floor lights?  Jillian actually suggested to us that the wall lighting (forget what it's called) would not look good at our Venue (The Manor, Virginian room).  But she suggested the basic floor lighting that moved to the beat of the bass would be a good alternate.  Has anyone ever used it?  We are unsure because of the tiny room she showed them to us in made it look weird.  

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Golden Note, Sebastian

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, we are using Golden Note, but we chose John Antonio.

We went to their office when they were having a Meet & Greet, so we were able to meet with each person, as well as view all of their videos, see all of the lights, etc.
    Yeah, the room the lights are in was small, but we just went with the basic lighting package. We spoke with the owner for awhile (I can't think of his name right now), and even he was saying that the bigger lighting package was unnecessary (wedding is at The Richfield Regency).

Find out if they are having a Meet & Greet soon. I think it was definitely worth it to go, and I'm glad we did, because we may have picked a different guy without meeting them first.. and I'm not sure we would've been happy with him. If you book at a Meet & Greet, they give you a discount on something as well.

*Edit* did you meet Sebastian or see his video? We personally weren't thrilled about the slight accent he has. We felt we couldn't completely understand his announcements, which is one of my pet peeves. (Not saying there is anything wrong with an accent, but it is important that everybody can understand what is being announced).
  • ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reply!  I will have to check with them to see if they are having a meet and greet soon.  We never met Sebastian, she just suggested him to us because he was in our budget.  She did mention he was portuguese and I'm glad you told me about his accent because I didn't even think of that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_golden-sebastian?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:04491f0f-52f8-4c02-99d7-d29e69baa207Post:022c46f0-0c68-4041-ab75-5c35c4577449">Re: Golden Note, Sebastian</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your reply!  I will have to check with them to see if they are having a meet and greet soon.  We never met Sebastian, she just suggested him to us because he was in our budget.  She did mention he was portuguese and I'm glad you told me about his accent because I didn't even think of that.  
    Posted by ginabean82[/QUOTE]
    Ahh yeah... to be honest, while Jillyan was super sweet, I didn't feel she understood us.. there were a couple times she commented about something and FI and I looked at each other and were like "oooook?" I definitely wouldn't just pick one of them without meeting/seeing their videos first. There are a couple people that are in each price range that you can choose from. We went to the Meet & Greet thinking we were going to pick one person and ended up totally changing our minds. Good luck!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked with them on Facebook, and they said they don't have a Meet & Greet scheduled yet, but are planning one for September.. not sure if you can wait that long.  If not, they have an "Engagement Party" every so often, which is basically like a Bridal Show performance, except it is just them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards