July 2013 Weddings
Options

asking my girls.

I have been VERY anxious to "propose" to my bridesmaids, but FH keeps telling me I should probably wait - given that we have 17 months before the wedding. But, we are getting married on July 5 and I want to give them PLENTY of advance notice and time to save for their dress/shoes so it won't be such a heavy financial burden (saving $5-$10 a month, rather than having to pay for everything upfront with less time to plan). I only have four girls I'm going to ask, 1 being my sister, another my best friend from Kindergarten, and two others who are tried and true college girlfriends; so I am not concerned about fallings out or anything like that. What do you think?

Re: asking my girls.

• Options
    I picked 1 yr on the poll but I'm probably going to wait longer. Most people on the WP forum suggest 6-8 mos out. A few things you may consider besides falling outs would be drifting apart and new close friendships. Relationships can evolve a lot over a year and a half.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Ive already asked mine but only because Im very close to both and they both pretty much knew they didnt have a choice lol :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm somewhere between "Already did" and "going to soon".  My sister (MOH) didn't even have to be asked, it was just known.  I asked my best friend a few weeks ago when I went to visit her and meet her new son.  I was going to wait, but the moment was just perfect and I couldn't wait any longer!  I'm going to ask my FSIL, but haven't yet.  I think she knows that I'm going to ask her, but it's not official yet.  And that's everyone.  Since I based my choices around "sisterhood" (my sister, his sister, and my BFF who is like my older sister), it's very unlikely that I'll change my mind.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    emmyroo, it was the same way with my sisters.  "Oh, he proposed? WHAT WILL OUR DRESSES LOOK LIKE!!!!!" 
  • Options
    I already asked my side, and he already asked his best man, but that's becasue my two peeps are my brother and my cousin, and his best man is his best friend from 12 years old. Those are the only people we're having, making it nice and easy!

If I were having a larger party, extending to a large group of friends, I would wait till around a year, just in case of any extreme friendship changes.
    July 2013 Knotties June Siggy Challenge - Location, Location, Location!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Green Lantern Inn, in Beautiful Fairport, NY!
  • Options
    I already did last year when he propsed; but if I had to do it again, I would have waited until this summer sometime and only picked 2-3 (I have 5). While we have talked about it, I have DYI'ed their invites this weekend and plan to mail them this week to formally ask them . 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards