Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

totally shocked

Scott and I met at a local bar where all of our friends hung out (we have the same group of friends and i thought he was a complete a$$). We had talked about getting married and we knew we were eventually going to, just not sure when, seeing as we were both still legally married. After a VERYYYYYYYYYYY stressful argument his 15 year old daughter and I had, I had called scott and told him i didnt know when he was going to propose but not to (I was having a melt down TEENAGERS RRRRRRRRRRRRR). We decided the next night to go out with friends to the same place we always go. I thought it was odd that EVERYONE was there, and he was acting very odd. At one point i saw him go to the dj booth and thought that he was just getting our song played. About half an hour later I was paged to the dance floor and it completly cleared. Scott proposed to me in front of all of our friends. I was totally shocked as he is terrified of speaking in front of people. I couldnt have asked for anything more.

Re: totally shocked

• Options
    woah. woah. woah.

So you met and began dating while you both were still married?  Were you both at least separated from your spouses?  Are you legally divorced now?

And you asked him NOT to propose to you and then he did?

Do you get along with his daughter regularly, and this argument was a one time thing, or do you guys argue often?  I think this needs to be sorted out before you get married if this is an issue.
  • Options
    LOL he was separated for 13 years and i was fianllizing my divorce, and no this was a one time thing with his daughter she was having issues with her mother and i got the crap end of it. I told him not to do it because he knew how upset i was and his daughter had said if he did it without her there she wouldnt come to the wedding (shes 15 and has an attitude that everything has to revolve around her) I found out later that he had talked to her after we had our fight and she told him to do it that she wants us to be together she was just mad at her mom and that she knew if he did it the next day i really wouldnt expect it(I didnt) . He knows me very well and knew I still wanted to marry him, I dont think he would have asked if thought i really didnt want to be with him. He just knew i was upset and after hearing what she had said to me he understood why i had told him not to. His daughter and I get along great and she couldnt be any happier that I said yes, she has since appologized for blowing up at me, and even went shopping with her dad to get my ring the day he proposed, and her and her brother aparently knew that night he was going to ask.
  • Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Congrats on your engagement.  I'm glad everything got sorted out.  The way your first post sounded, it was like everything happened back to back.

Anyways, welcome to the board and happy planning!
  • Options
    thanks and now that i read it again lol it does sound like that. NO NO NO.... lol it all didnt happen that fast it felt like it. But no neither one of us were with our ex's at the time, and like i said his daughter was just having issues with her mom (we have custody of his kids, and mine). Like i said shes a teenager, i expect there is going to be more arguements between her and I but we do get along, shes really trying lately, its hard for her, her dad is finally moving on and i know thats a huge change, but hopefully all will be good.
  • Options
    Aww make sure to check outI www.Bridalframes.com I made sure i kept those crazy special moments even after the wedding.
    You can customize your frame and the prices are great!
    Plus they offered free shipping!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_totally-shocked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:acb36e07-36a4-4290-bdfe-030f5b9b975cPost:339c1d77-6efb-453d-a196-25bc0f9213a4">Re: totally shocked</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww make sure to check outI <a href="http://www.Bridalframes.com" rel="nofollow">www.Bridalframes.com</a> I made sure i kept those crazy special moments even after the wedding. You can customize your frame and the prices are great! Plus they offered free shipping!
    Posted by Abbrigail[/QUOTE]

Umm...vendor much.  You have been reported.

Congrats on the proposal!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Bridal Bouquet Holders Inc. Monica Ghiotti Always on my cell - 718-644-4188 To Have, To Hold, To Last a Lifetime
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards