Jewish Weddings
Options

Kosher Venue- Frustration CT/RI Border :(

FI and I are trying to get married up on the CT/RI border and it seems that NOBODY provides a kosher caterer or allows us to bring in our own :(

It's very frustrating-- especially when you call venues and ask "do you do kosher?" and they respond "uhm, yea!" and you ask "with certification? And a mashgiach?" And they reply "oh, not like that"

:(

Anyone know of any venues on or at least by the beach that allow you to bring in your own caterer or *gasp* provide kosher?

Re: Kosher Venue- Frustration CT/RI Border :(

• Options
    reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not in your area, but here the vaad keeps an approved list of caterers and each caterer has a list of venues on their website.  That would be a good place to start.

Good luck.  Finding a kosher venue is challenging (something I'm still working on).  I have found that the public places (parks, museums) are more likely to allow you to bring your own caterer than the private spaces.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

This is what you need to do imo:

Find who the kosher caterers are who cater in that area, call them up and ask what venues they cater at.  That is how I found my venue.

I stumbled across this place a few weeks ago while I was looking for venues for my SIL.  It is in CT but it isn't on the border of RI.  It is on two lakes though and it looks really pretty:

http://isabellafreedman.org/rentals/weddings

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sgessner1228sgessner1228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachiemoo- awesome advice!  I did it and it turned out that one of the venues that told me they did not do kosher-- actually does!  The events manager didn't know because she's new!

Hopefully this will have a happy ending-- but living in NYC I'm spoiled that nearly all venues have a kosher option
  • Options
    jessmccabejessmccabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards