Canada-Ontario

Seeking Local Dressmaker!

I'm planning a 50's inspired wedding with the focus on the bridal party attire. I've search everywhere for dresses in stores but have turned up empty handed...any suggestions on a local dressmaker? Hamilon/Toronto area if possible.

Thanks! :)

Re: Seeking Local Dressmaker!

• whitmanslwhitmansl member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012

I'm planning a 50's inspired wedding with the focus on the bridal party attire. I've search everywhere for dresses in stores but have turned up empty handed...any suggestions on a local dressmaker? Hamilon/Toronto area if possible.

Thanks! :)

• Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Hi Whitmansl,

There are a few that come quite recommended: Pom Penner and Pearl Seto are highly recommended.  Pom's been in the business now for 40 years and Pearl use to work for Alfred Angelo.  You can Google them if you'd like.
  • i used Jennie Ross Bridal-she is located in Kitchener.  She made our flower girl dress. She makes wedding dresses(she even made her own for her wedding last year) and she has a line of little black dresses that retail in many stores across Ontario.  She was great to work with and the dress turned out exactly how I wanted it-she  made it just from one picture I gave her! 
  • i know of someone in georgetown. if interested let me know ill get her number for you she made my bridesmaid dress

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg539/falling4/IMG_6504.jpg
  • Thank you for the information everyone. I'll be looking into each one.
    Georgetown is a little out of the way for me, but I do appreciate all the input.
  • I am getting my dress made at Vlasta's in Hamilton, Ontario.
    She is sooo reasonable in price and she is truly an artist.
    She has been working with me, every step of the way to make sure everything is perfect.
    Highly recommended!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards