Wedding Woes
Options

divorces in both families

So heres the deal. My mom and dad are getting a divorce and hate each other. My mom hates my dads mom (my grandmother) and now my fiancees mom and dad are getting a divorce because his mother decided to cheat on him so my mom inturn hates her too..................so now im clueless on what to do about seating for the ceremony and reception and other stuff without everyone killing each other and making a big fight the day of my wedding which im sure they would do despite if i ask them to be nice for just one day. HELP!!!!!

Re: divorces in both families

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a tough one, but sure to God all of the adults can act like adults so it doesn't ruin your special day. I would talk to all of them and tell them how you feel. Be stern, but nice so they know you aren't going to take any crap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1) pretend they're all adults and assume everyone can fake it for 8 hours or
    2) elope

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and take all the family photos with everyone separately.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seat them at different tables. Done and done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Four parents, four corners of the room.  Easy enough.  And if you're afraid they'll misbehave you can always have each of them fitted with those shock collars they use for dogs and zap them when they get out of line.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused. Why does your mother hate your FMIL for cheating on her husband? It has nothing to do with your mother.

Seat them at 4 different tables that are far from each other.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sjonesbride2bsjonesbride2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you suggest doing at the ceremony? Theres only two columns. I know that i can probably sit my fiancees family together on one side with no problem but there will be a big problem if my mom and dad have to sit next to each other. Plus i dont want one of them to be angry with me if i seat them a row or two back. Undecided
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let them figure it out. You don't need assigned seating at the ceremony. Surely there will be someone else in the front row who can sit between them. They are adults and can choose their own seats.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you have lots of photographers, or preferably a videographer, to capture it all on film.  Then comback here and post an update afterwards with the evidence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards