Louisiana-New Orleans

Sunday Brunch in NOLA

Hi again!  

I am *considering* a Sunday Morning ceremony, followed by champagne brunch.  I am SUCH a brunch person, and so are my close friends that will be traveling for the wedding, so it seems like such a great idea for us.   (The larger reception will be at home in CA, following our return from NOLA.)  

Where are your favorite places locally for brunch?  I know what the internet tells me, like Court of Two Sisters, etc, but are there any places that locals love that may not come up in the top of search listings?  

It wouldn't be a huge group, just 20 people or so.  I don't want to do a fancy room rental or catered special menu or anything - just a good old fashioned champagne brunch with friends (who would just happen to be dressed up, and I would just happen to be in a wedding dress.)   ;-)  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Sunday Brunch in NOLA

• edited December 2011
    I love the Jazz Brunch at Commander's Palace.  I just don't think many other places compare.
  • edited December 2011
    Brennan's is the most famous for their Jazz Brunch.
    Muriel's also does a nice Sunday Jazz Brunch, and it's very reasonably priced.
    House of Blues wouldn't be my pick for the food, but it has a great vibe, if that's what you're after.

Personally, I wouldn't do Court of Two Sisters. They would probably be the cheapest - they do a great private party rate, which I know you don't require, but still - but their food is a buffet and not always that great.

Really, though, nearly all the nice FQ restaurants do a Jazz Brunch on Sundays, so it's more a matter of you looking at menus of the best restaurants and deciding which one appeals to your stomach and pocketbook.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ditto no to Court of Two Sister, FI's good friend works there and he says it's not worth it. Commander's Palce is amazing. I haven't had their brunch, but I'm 200% positive it would be just as fantastic as their dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Galvez as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I just realized that you were discussing doing your wedding at the Park, and thus would probably prefer a brunch Uptown as opposed to in th French Quarter.

Commander's wouldefinitely be the nicest, and, while I know you aren't looking for overly fancy, they really know how to make the whole experience very fun. HIGHLY recommend.

My personal favorite uptown brunch spot is Surrey's Juice Bar.  INCREDIBLE food.  But it's a hole in the wall, with no alcohol, no reservations, and a looooong wait on Sundays.  So probably out for your party of 20.
    Cafe Atchafalaya does an amazing brunch, and has a really great vibe - not formal, not kitchy, not casual.  Just.... New Orleans.
    Dante's Kitchen also has great food and a great brunch menu.
    And for an offbeat suggestion, Elizabeth's in the Bywater has an incredible brunch, right up there with Surrey's.  It's another hole in the wall looking diner, but unlike Surrey's, they have champagne and a private room (which you would need at any smaller establishment for such a large party to be guaranteed seating).
  • cajmbrown77cajmbrown77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard the House of Blues has brunch as well, I've never been but its worth it to check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    I vote for Commander's all the way.  It's my favorite and that's where I'm taking my bridesmaids the day before our wedding.  Brennan's is also nice and you might want to check our some of the newer restaurants like August or Stella which have great food too - I haven't tried them for brunch but the dinners I've had there were very tasty. 
  • edited December 2011

Try Stanley's in the French Quarter. 

• edited December 2011
    Court of Two Sisters is reallly good! There's a nice courtyard to sit in and the food is excellent.
    November 2011 Siggy - My Love and I

PhotobucketPhotobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 18th, 2011

451 invited 314 Are ready to party! 61 can't make it 77 is MIA
    RSVP Date October 31st, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also considering a champagne brunch. Although, its probably fancier than you want, but a really good place for a champagen brunch is Royal Sonesta. The atmosphere is really opulent and great for photo ops. Plus the food is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards