Illinois-Chicago

Honeymoon in CHicago

Hi girls! We are doing a road trip honeymoon summer 2013. Just trying to get some early ideas of must see beautiful places, tours, restaurants (we love all food) and bars   Thanks in advance for your help. I already know I want to go to Navy Pier and have drinks on top of John Hancock tower. I'm very excited to see Chicago.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Honeymoon in CHicago

• Depending on what time of year you come to Chicago you should google the festival listing. We have so many awesome festivals during the summer. One of my favorite is the Old Town Art Fair / Wells Street Art Fair in June (usually). 

I would also suggest staying in a hotel in River North. That is a great area that can get you to night life and also the very touristy things that people love to do here. 

If you come in the summer and you get some nice days, you should take a walk South on the Lake Front Path and walk until you hit the Adler Planetarium. The view when you look back North is amazing. I took engagement photos there. 

Places to eat... there are so many good options. I would yelp that. BUT please whatever you do, don't go to chain places... Chicago has amazing food, and it just kills me to see people eating at Chili's or Friday's in the city. 

Have fun planning. I love this city!
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If you want to get a real flavor for the city and not only do the big touristy things, check out metromix.com and see what neighborhood festivals are going on the week/weekend you plan to be here. You won't be able to get that information until a few months before (unless it is a festival that is consistently the same time each year, of which many are) but that would be fun!
    Also, my favorite thing to do with guests is take them on an architectural boat cruise. You learn a lot about the city history through the architecture. My favorite is this one: http://www.architecture.org/page.aspx?pid=574
  • I recommend the architectural boat tour!  It's something I always tell out of town guests to do - a great way to see the city, from a boat on the Chicago river.  There are several boat companies, but I have been on this boat before and enjoyed it...
    http://www.wendellaboats.com/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_honeymoon-in-chicago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:de77135d-1996-49c5-a2a0-d0d4d62f1199Post:cc005550-a592-4962-b114-2aba73bc446b">Honeymoon in CHicago</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi girls! We are doing a road trip honeymoon summer 2013. Just trying to get some early ideas of must see beautiful places, tours, restaurants (we love all food) and bars   Thanks in advance for your help. I already know I want to go to Navy Pier and have drinks on top of John Hancock tower. I'm very excited to see Chicago.
    Posted by april79lynn[/QUOTE]

These are some of my random favorites to tell people.

Big Bar at the Hyatt: beautiful view, huge drinks
    Rockbottom: it isn't uniquely local but it has an awesome rooftop beer garden
    River Taxi: really easy, cheap way to get from certain points to another with an awesome scenic view
    White Sox Game!: well i am a southsider and sox fan so this is my favorite place to be

Don't forget the obvious.  Millenium Park, Shedd, Planatarium, Art Institute, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Museum of Modern Art, Chicago Cultural Center, etc.  Check out some of our lakeshore parks too.  They are beautiful.

Have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards