Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony Music Cost

Hi all,

I am planning to hire a live musician(guitarist/singer) for our Baptist(read: short) ceremony.  I have met him but do not know him well.  He lives two streets over from the church so travel will not be an issue.  I do want to pay him well as he is an established musician who could otherwise be playing another gig.  What would be a reasonable amount to pay him for playing three to four songs at the ceremony?

Other important bit of information is that I will not be asking him to learn any new songs, he will be performing only his own original songs.

Re: Ceremony Music Cost

• Have you asked him to give you a price?  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_ceremony-music-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:1ad0044a-2d27-496b-a2bd-ba88aa11462fPost:de781b9a-a382-4776-b5a0-fd22cde325b6">Re: Ceremony Music Cost</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you asked him to give you a price?  
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<div>He didn't give one as he does not usually do weddings so he doesn't really know what is appropriate.</div>
  • You may want to ask this on your local board (links are to the left under Local Wedding Boards).  Prices can vary greatly by region.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• You could contact some musicians in the area and see what they charge to get an idea of what to offer him.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards