North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Visiting OBX next week to Check out Reception Sites!

Hi Girls!
Sunday cant come fast enough-finally make our first trip down to OBX since we got engaged!
I am looking at 4 reception spots-Events 921, Restaurant 1587, Adriannas, and Mallards Marsh.  I'm super excited to get the planning process started!

Any advice for anything else I should view while I'm down on vacation? We will probably make another visit in early 2013, as our wedding will be late summer 2013.

and of course, any comments/reviews of the above reception sites would also be great.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Visiting OBX next week to Check out Reception Sites!

• Options
    Hello,

Welcome to the board!  Looking at your spots, it looks like you are leaning towards the "one stop shop" type of venue?  If that's the case, depending on your wedding size, i'd check out the Sanderling Inn in Duck.  That's where me and my FI are getting married in September.  Lots to choose from, and they have vendor selections to choose from as well.  Lots of the ladies also like 108 Budleigh too.  I'd look into there as well, since you will be at Adrianna's and Mallards.  FI and I looked at BOTH of those venues, but settled on the Sanderling.

Again welcome and let us know if you need any help whatsoever.  Also, look at the sticky notes at the top of the threads with the blue push pins.  Lots of helpful info to use, and nicely created by our Mod, OBX. 

Also, don't lose sight of the fact that there might be a groom or two lurking on the board to bounce things off of. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As to the other half of Philly.. the Sanderling elopement package allows for 40 people, just an FYI. One thing we didn't like about Beach Ball Events was you had to use their vendors, if you wanted to use your own, in most cases you didn't see a very large discount for it. Have you looked at all at photographers? Also if you go the Budleigh route, you would need your own caterer.. I'd be thinking about caterers and photographers. We had our planning week the first week in Sept. 2011 for our wedding around the same time in Sept. 2012. When we got back from our planning week we booked our photographer and venue/caterer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much!!
    this is a lot of helpful information!!  And I'm very looking forward to speaking with you lovely brides (and very handsome grooms!) over the next year!

I was looking at 108 Budleigh, but was hesitant to make an appt b/c I heard that the bride/groom has to do all of the set-up/break-down. 
    I didnt think that I would want that stress the day of the event or have to ask my guests to help out.
    However, I am wondering, if a bride can just hire a rental company to do the entire set-up and break-down?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_visiting-obx-next-week-to-check-out-reception-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:2cd4c0c6-9ad1-4b98-ba12-de8a621d65dfPost:4d62916b-a03d-4a34-a105-06cb5963fd56">Re: Visiting OBX next week to Check out Reception Sites!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you very much!! this is a lot of helpful information!!  And I'm very looking forward to speaking with you lovely brides (and very handsome grooms!) over the next year! I was looking at 108 Budleigh, but was hesitant to make an appt b/c I heard that the bride/groom has to do all of the set-up/break-down.  I didnt think that I would want that stress the day of the event or have to ask my guests to help out. However, I am wondering, if a bride can just hire a rental company to do the entire set-up and break-down?
    Posted by akryz33[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Our wedding is at 108 Budleigh next Friday. We are having the rental company set up tables, chairs,  and linen... then we are going in to do the final decorating touches. However, this is something that the rental place can do for you as well for an additional charge.</div>
  • Options
    TeachLibrary-thanks for the clarification! I think I will make an appointment there then too!  their venue looks beautiful!
  • Options
    Maybe check out Jennette's Pier too. I considered it when we were in the early (or earlier) stages of wedding planning but we decided to do an event home instead. It's a beautiful spot though!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  I am sure you will have a great time in obx and hopefully be able to nail down a venue too!

I was married at 108 Budleigh and it is such a gorgeous venue!  Everything was perfect and we couldn't have been happier with our choice!  We had our ceremony on the beach and were still able to take some pics at the pier at Marshes Light--those were some of my favorite!  I am glad that you have decided to add that one to your list--it's also right around the corner from 1587, so why not, right? 

I think that Events at 921 are a newer venue in the area and I don't know much about them.  I actually considered them, but once I found 108, the deal was sealed :)  Ohhh, and I have eaten at 1587 and the food is amazing!  My H and I went there 2 nights before the wedding and plan on going back every year we go to the beach. 

How many people are you having?  That will be the best way to help you figure out some different venues to look at.  Each venue has something special about it, be it Budleigh, The Sanderling, Jeannette's Pier or even the Aquarium, and determining your guest count and most importantly, the budget, will really help you focus on the venues that are within your limits. Let us know your head count and maybe we can suggest some other venues for you and FI to peek at :)

Once you choose your venue, photography, catering and an officiant need be your top priority!  Some of the best photographers and especially officiants, can book up to a year in advance!  Matt Lusk is really good and I used Outer Banks Productions.  Rev. Jay Bowman is very popular and books far in advance. I would look into those two and then balance in catering at the same time--once you get to that point, we are more than happy to give you some recommendations.

Again, congrats and welcome to the board!

• Options
    Thanks obx2011!
    We are inviting 110 people; really hoping about 60-70 can actually come!

I am actually going to have my best friend marry us and he'll get ordained online.
    I was looking briefly online to see if that is allowed in NC and didnt read anything about it not being allowed, but i think i'll have to look further into that to ensure we dont have a fake ceremony :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards