New Jersey
Options

Not making appointments to visit venues, is that okay?

I just noticed that on the Highlawn's website, they want you to make an appointment with them, but I just realized it now after looking at the website.  I do want to visit them tomorrow, are walk-ins allowed for venue visits????  Thanks!

Re: Not making appointments to visit venues, is that okay?

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Depends on if they have time for you.

We called one place about 10 minutes before we got there, and they said they could show us around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely call them first; don't just drop in. Being that tomorrow is Saturday, and depending on what time you plan to go, there may be an event going on and they won't be able to show you around as much as they would if you had an appointment.
    Our venue visits lasted at least an hour each. If you want their full undivided attention and a detailed description of everything they offer I would def recommend making an appointment.
  • Options
    cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had an appointment to visit the Highlawn when we were looking for venues.. we were left waiting outside for about 15 minutes.. then when they finally met with us, they were rushing us, and we couldn't even see the room because there was a party going on..
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might find yourself waiting.
  • Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should really call for an apt. People have Weddings in the mornings and afternoons to save $$ and chance are if there is a wedding going on they are not going to premit you to just waltz in. I also think its rude jsut to expect them to drop whatever they are doing to show you around. Call this morning if they dont answer i would call MOnday and schedule for next weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the venue. A couple of places I called they said just to show up and someone on the office could give us a tour. 
  • Options
    kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely call first to see if they can fit you in.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made an appointment for every venue we visited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go without an appointment.

You want them to have time to go through things throroughly and answer every question you have. They won't do that if they are rushing you through so they can accomodate the person coming in who actually did make an appointment.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also made an appointment for every venue I visited. I was at some venues for nearly an hour looking around and discussion options and pricing. Appointments ensure someone is there and has set time aside to meet with you. Just showing up is kind of rude.

Photobucket
  • Options
    NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made appointments at every place we visited too. It also saved us time because then we could see if they had our date available before wasting time looking at a place that wasn't an option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def. make an appt. - Highlawn was all booked for the weekend when we wanted to see it and then called us on a Sunday with a cancelation. Best of luck!!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards