Hawaii
Options

caterers-help please!

I have contacted most used ones from knot boards such as Food for Soul (may be already booked)  Cafe O Lei, and Aloha Catering so far and am finding for buffet style meal for 50 adults/10 children...the average seems to be around $80 per person..not incl rentals (table, chairs, etc)  To me, this is still pretty pricey!!  any other suggestions.  thanks! 

Re: caterers-help please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Soup to Nuts? I think Celebrations would probably be higher than that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aloha Mixed Plate?

FWIW, I heard buffets can be as expensive, if not more, than plated meals.  While you may save a little in servers and labor, they generally have to over prepare quantities of every item, resulting in higher raw food costs.  Maybe inquire and compare to plated meals?  I think we saw some options in the $60/pp range with Cafe O'Lei.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buffets via FFTS are more expensive than the plated meals.  They include a LOT of food in the buffet though, so if your guests are big eaters you may want that.  I just like the formality of a plated dinner. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also ask about doing some of both... We did plated salad & breads and a buffet dinner.
  • Options
    lindsay729lindsay729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  have spoken to sooooo many caterers this week and here are my favs so far.  Cafe O'Lei is only about $42 per person depending on what kind of buffet and Claire is very helpful.  We are going with Food for the Soul which will be closer to $70ish but they include rentals and Tina is amazing.  I also like Stella Blues, they have a good menu and are between $38- $48 per person.  I loved Aloha Events but they were the most expensive that ive come across so far at $58 per person for what we were wanting.  Good luck and I have lots of menus and pricing so let me know if you have any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards