September 2012 Weddings
Options

hi! and program mistake...

Hi girls!  I have been lurking for a few weeks since I realized you are much more active than my local board!  You are all super supportive of each other and I could use a little reassurance.   Long story short, my ceremony programs are all printed and ready to go for our Catholic ceremony (no Mass).  We choose a song and added a line in the program for the "Sign of Peace," since it was listed as an optional part of the ceremony in the guidebook we were given.   At our meeting with our Deacon last night, he informed us that the Sign of Peace will not be part of our ceremony.  Do you think this is a big deal – will people look at the program and notice the discrepancy?  I know that everything can’t be perfect but this really bothers me, especially since we spent so much time planning out our ceremony and creating our programs.  Any advice about what to do, if anything??  Thanks girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: hi! and program mistake...

• Options
    Honestly I never really pay attention to the programs myself but I keep them for wedding memories. I don't think it's a big deal so I wouldn't worry about it. Smile
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    I usually look at the program to see who the attendants are.  I don't think people will notice for the most part.  I'm not Catholic, so I wouldn't know what it was or if it happened in the service.  I think you'll be fine.  And welcome :-)
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    I'm Catholic, and we're not having a mass either (since FI is not Catholic). I think you'll be alright. Are there going to be lots of Catholics or non-Catholics at the wedding? If there are more non-Catholics, I wouldn't worry about it since they won't really be "looking" for it to come up in the ceremony (does that make sense?). And the Catholics that are there, will roll with it, I think.

I'd try to let it go since you really can't do too much about it now. I know, easier said than done though.
  • Options
    I am Catholic, I know the Mass frontwards and backwards, and I would read the program during the wedding. I also put a lot of thought and care into my program for our full Mass so i understand where you are coming from. All that being said, I would barely notice or care that the Sign of Peace was in there but didn't actually happen. I would probably do a quick shrug and never think about it again. If you have the time and the money to reprint them, go ahead. If you have any hesitation about spending more time and money, just forget about it!! I promise you will never give it a second thought after you move on from it. Not worth the stress at this point!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also Catholic and I'm finishing up our programs now. I feel your pain! I was scared of making a mistake so I sent the program proof to our priest and music director to be sure everything is correct. I really wouldn't worry about the sign of peace. Like PPs said most people won't even know if it happened and others who do notice won't think twice about it. It seems like a huge glaring problem to you but no one else will spend more than half a second thinking about it if they even notice at all.
  • Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I always found the Sign of Peace to be super awkward lol. I'd probably see it, and then breathe a sigh of relief that it was "forgotten". LOL just my two cents!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I think I am going to try and let it go and just roll with it...hopefully I can stop stressing over it lol.

@smartlypretty - lol, too funny!  I feel the exact same way, I usually dread that part of Mass!  I need to look on the bright side – some of our guests will probably be glad that we skip it!  Thank you for a different perspective!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards