Honeymoon Discussions
Options

private owned rentals VS resorts

Hi all (again, I know I'm being a total post w*ore today :( sorry!)

I have began looking into doing a private rental from an independant owner rather than a resort, I'm looking on the Big Island in hawaii.  Funds are tight for us so a resort with the higher ticket aren't really an option and I'd rather sacrafice luxur and go somewhere I really want to go. 

Has anyone ever done this, what were your experences??

Re: private owned rentals VS resorts

• Options
    Some of the private owned rentals, especially Hawaii are on resorts, so you get some of the same ammenities as a resort, minus the daily maid service for a fraction of the price. I have a friend who swears by vrbo.com
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've gone with condos from the Outrigger resorts twice, and they've both been nice - the Kanaloa one was great and the Royal Sea Cliffs was good.
  • Options
    check out vrbo.com   lots of rave reviews from friends i know that use that site and also other online travellers. It's vacation rentals...some even villas, etc!...by private owners; usually more affordable than resorts. That's a good place for you to start. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards