Favors
Options

HELP!!! Favor thank you???

Hey All! (First Post! =) )

I am doing mini emergency kits for my Bridal Shower favors. I'm putting the kits in black boxes with green bows(wedding colors, irish theme). I want to attach a thank you note for the guests that will tie in the emergency kit something along the lines of"You've help me through my emergencies, hope this kit will help you too"

Anyone have any witty ideas? Or something I can put on the thank yous?!?

Any ideas would really help Thank You!!

Re: HELP!!! Favor thank you???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Technically, you should not be giving favors for your bridal shower since it is thrown for you by someone else. If you want to get a little something for the people throwing you the shower that would be cute. Otherwise, the people throwing your shower should be providing the favors thanking their guests and thus the note attached should be from them.

So, if you still want the people hosting your shower to do this as a favor, have the saying sound like it is coming from them & not you.

I am not sure what type of emergency kits you are doing or what is in them so I can't offer a suggestion as to what exactly to say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JellyBean is correct. You shouldn't be providing favors for a party you, hopefully, aren't hosting. If you are hosting your own bridal shower, favors are the least of your concerns.

That said, if you decided to do emergency kits as a hostess gift, I don't quite understand the purpose. These women surely have the standard emergency kit items (Band Aids, tampons, Tide-to-Go, etc.) in their homes. I think sticking with something more standard, like a bottle of wine or spa gift card, would be a better option for you.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but I agree with PPs.  I think this sounds like a lot of work for little gain.  It's a little silly, IMO, and the tag of "you've helped me through.....yada yada" just seems like a stretch to me.

And you should not be giving out favors for a party which you are not hosting.  I'd say save your $$.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Geesh, These boards have a tough crowd huh?

I'm sorry I didnt write detail for detail that my bridesmaids are paying for the shower & favors, However I am very involved in my wedding and not sitting back having everyone do everything for me.  Besides I am laid off so why not use my time for MY wedding, everyone else has their owns lives to worry about and I enjoy doing these things they make me excited the wedding is getting close!

With who's paying for and doing what aside Aren't you sick of going to weddings and getting a candle with the newlywed couples names etched on it and you never burn them so they sit and collect dust! I'm 24 and have at least 15 of these or something else useless that will collect dust or end up in the garbage.  I wanted to have favors people could actually use.

This is why I came up with these mini emergency kits that will fit right in a purse or car they have everything from Deodorant wipes,toothbrush&paste(mini) shampoo,conditioner,lotion,hand wipes, nail polish remover, make up remover, bar of soap, small mending kit, bandaids, bobby pins, hair ties, tooth pick,lip balm,insect repellant wipe, mini nail file and insect sting relief all in a tiny 4" bag(most items are  1 time wipes)  I actually bought a trial favor months ago and it has come in handy more times then I can count!!

All I was wondering if there was someone who had something to go with them a phrase or saying something to say Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally think it is an awesome idea and very different from the norm, which I like. My only hope is that the hostesses are paying for it and not you! Good Luck! I would love to see how they turn out! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting together and assembling this weekend! I will definetly upload a picture :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool idea!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards