Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Ceremony Songs

We are starting to plan our ceremony with the pastor tomorrow.  I am totally drawing a blank on ceremony songs!

What did you use for songs for your ceremony?

Re: Ceremony Songs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean for people to walk in to, or for songs to be played during the ceremony itself? 

We had the Forest Gump Feather song for the WP to walk in to (it was really pretty actually - here's a link)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcOt6mfjxeA

and a paino version of Here comes the bride for myself. 

During the ceremony we only had one song played and it was while we lit the unity candle, but the DJ faded it out like 30 seconds in to it so there wasn't actually any whole song played during

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went pretty non-traditional with ours, but it worked well.

BP processional:  "Somebody to Love" by Queen

Bride's processional "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, which is my favorite song of all time

Sand ceremony:  "Nice Work if You Can Get It" by George/Ira Gershwin

Other song:  "Fly Me To The Moon" (can't remember who it's by, but it's that classic Bobby Darrin song)

Recessional: "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles

We were working with Erin Schwab, who's most well known as a cabaret singer and does musicals in the area, and she excels at pop and jazz standards, which is why we chose her.  That, and she's kind of a friend of mine.  She also did a bunch of other pop songs before and after the ceremony, like "Proud Mary" and other upbeat songs.  We created our own ceremony, so we didn't have to use any church's template of what they consider appropriate music.  I can't tell you how great it was to have free reign over it and everything else.
  • Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a list of songs in by bio for the ceremony that will be using. I agree with PP -- the Feather Song by Alan Silvestri is amazing!

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony songs are in my bio under ceremony ideas

www.emilysweddingbio.weebly.com
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Prelude: Ave Maria (the original Schubert)

Processional Bridesmaid: Psalm 19 - Marcello

Processional Bride: Laudate Dominum - Mozart 

Optional hymn: Love divine all love's excelling

Res. Ps.: The Lord is Kind and Merciful

Gospel Acc. Celtic Alleluia

Unity Candle: Wedding Song by Paul Stookey

Gifts: Himno del amor (originally sung by Edith Piaf)

Mass Parts: Mass of Creation

Communion: Dank sei dir herr - Handel

Recessional: Widor Toccata

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using the feather song as well for my processional. And then the instrumental version of Marry Me for the WP's processional.
  • Options
    ktwagner21ktwagner21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:43b1a9f4-2352-4a4a-98bd-8d55268e9e75Post:cfbdf861-e1a9-435a-b7b2-6c5d45599df9">Re: Ceremony Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went pretty non-traditional with ours, but it worked well. BP processional:  "Somebody to Love" by Queen Bride's processional "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, which is my favorite song of all time Sand ceremony:  "Nice Work if You Can Get It" by George/Ira Gershwin Other song:  "Fly Me To The Moon" (can't remember who it's by, but it's that classic Bobby Darrin song) Recessional: "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles We were working with Erin Schwab, who's most well known as a cabaret singer and does musicals in the area, and she excels at pop and jazz standards, which is why we chose her.  That, and she's kind of a friend of mine.  She also did a bunch of other pop songs before and after the ceremony, like "Proud Mary" and other upbeat songs.  We created our own ceremony, so we didn't have to use any church's template of what they consider appropriate music.  I can't tell you how great it was to have free reign over it and everything else.
    Posted by I Want Cake[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am going to use Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da... I thought I was the only one!  Great minds must think alike!!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Processional BM & Mothers - "Think of Me" from PHantom of the Opera - Piano
    Processional Me - "Annies Song" by John Denver - Piano
    Unity Candle - "When I Fall In Love" by Heyman and Young - Piano/Soloists
    Recessional - "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees  - CD

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kari Lynn and futureMrs.Sheeler- How did you two think of the feather theme? I'm just wondering because I've had it in my bio for over a year to use in my ceremony because I love piano music and always loved the soundtrack to Forrest Gump. So, in other words I'm just wondering if you two independently had the same (good) idea or if my good ideas are spreading.   :)
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:43b1a9f4-2352-4a4a-98bd-8d55268e9e75Post:feb9b15a-cdaf-412b-b6bc-abedb8f3dc6f">Re: Ceremony Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kari Lynn and futureMrs.Sheeler- How did you two think of the feather theme? I'm just wondering because I've had it in my bio for over a year to use in my ceremony because I love piano music and always loved the soundtrack to Forrest Gump. So, in other words I'm just wondering if you two independently had the same (good) idea or if my good ideas are spreading.   :)
    Posted by emilykathleen511[/QUOTE]

Someone had mentioned it on my Month board back when I first started planning - So I listened to it online and loved the idea and that was my plan ever since   :)  ...so no, it was not my independent idea  ;)  I am not very original.  :P
  • Options
    sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks gals this was super helpful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards