Catholic Weddings
Options

program - probably a really stupid question

My program is 99% completed, and I followed the outline that my church gave me. However, I just realized that in the format it does not notate "general intercessions" or "prayers of the faithful". All catholic masses that I've attended have had this directly after the marriage rite. In "together for life" this is also indicated to go after the rite of marriage... but it is not listed on their outline at all which I thought is bizarre?

There is something on their format that says "prayers of church: spoken" and this is listed after the distribution of the eucharist and right before the nuptial blessing. They don't mean "prayers of the faithful" to go here, do they?

Sorry this sounds so dumb. I do plan to call our priest tomorrow but just wanted to post on here first so I didn't sound like too much of an idiot.

Thanks.

Re: program - probably a really stupid question

• Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't sound dumb, and we forgive you if you're blanking out only 5 days before your wedding anyway-- congrats!!

You're correct that those prayers would come after the marriage rite. The prayers of the church are something else, although I admit I'm not exactly sure what (we're having a Latin Mass... so the ordinary form of the Mass is not my specialty lol)... In any case, the prayers of the faithful should come after the marriage rite. So check with your priest on that, maybe someone just left them out?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! We are excited. Programs are literally the last project to finish up so it should be smooth sailing after I get these printed:-) Okay... Yes I assumed prayers of the church were different, but then when prayer of the faithful wasn't noted I guess I second guessed myself. I guess it was just left out, I'll call tomorrow.
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'd only be guessing if they mean prayers of the faithful

ditto on asking and don't feel stupid.  I'm sure it's been asked before
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards