Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding under $10,000 with 125 guests? Possible? Venue??

I am so frazzled!! I am having a hard time finding a venue / caterer for our wedding.  We really only want to spend 10,000 for everything (dj, food, booze, etc.) Someplace nice with possibly an open bar.  We are willing to spend up to 15000 but would like to keep as close to 10,000 as possible.  I am open to anything not tacky!!!  We also want to get married whereever the reception is.  Also any time of year!   I am open to anyplace on the cape, south shore Massachusetts or really anywhere!  Any ideas would be amazing!!!    

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding under $10,000 with 125 guests? Possible? Venue??

• look up brookstone park in derry- all the info is on the site...you may have to pay more than 10k :(- sorry- i have 180 people and we are looking at 14k just for ceremony, reception and food.....dj is 1050 flowers can be 1k and photograpghers are 1500-4k...
  • edited March 2012
    I second Brookstone park, and if you really have no preference on season/day, I believe they offer 10% off on winter weddings, and they also have smaller food minimum ($4,800 as opposed to $7,500) if you hold your wedding on a Friday or a Sunday. They also let you have the ceremony on site. Overall I found that southern NH is a cheaper option then most of Boston area, and it's only a 45 minute drive from Boston!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holiday Inn Tewksbury has 3 great packages, with lots of them being under $50pp.  They have a chicken dish for roughly $42pp.

I'm having 166 person wedding, and with the most expensive package, I'm spending $12k with them.

And David is great to work with!
  • It's true that Southern NH is definitely more affordable than Boston, and there are some great places. Not sure if you want to go that far up, but other suggestions would be fratellos and the executive court both in Manch.

However, you can still get away with a tight budget in this area. To save money, I would suggest going off-season. I got married last April and saved so much money on the venue and vendors, because they're more likely to discount because they're more likely to be available than say, June. Also, think about getting married on a Friday or Sunday because it's also discounted. Restaurants that host weddings are also cheaper than venues/facilities that host weddings and/or mainly weddings.

Some places to look into that may be in budget:
    Brookside Club, Bourne, MA (for off-season)
    Tirrell Room, Quincy, MA
    Bourndale Function Facility, Plymouth, MA
    Canoe Club, West Bridgewater, MA
    Maybe Beachmoor at MMA?
    I'm sure there's more, especially restaurants, but I'm drawing a blank.....
  • I looked at Norton Country Club. They have an all inclusive package for under 10k. It wasn't what I was looking for but it was a good deal!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you all for the ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Black Swan Country Club in Georgetown, MA!!!

We're doing a wedding (off season...end of April) for $7500 for 125 people. It can be done!
  • You can rent Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lowell for $300 or $350 if you are not a member (nice hall), food service you can get catered by Lenzi's, or Mr. Jacks (most likely for under 6k) and the DJ you should use Makin' Entertainment in Lowell they are $800 for up to 4hrs.  We had to pay for our own wedding and did alot of research. (we ended up going to the Harris Pelham Inn and it was fantastic and the pricing was pretty fair).  Good luck.
  • We are doing a wedding in Boston in November for about $10,000 for almost that exact amount of people.  If you want to do it in the city, you have to be flexible on things like venue and catering.  You won't get a fancy hotel with a $100+ per person dinner for $10K, but you can rent a simple space and be creative with catering.  We are having an afternoon wedding, our reception at the church, and doing something totally out of the box for catering (not a sit down dinner).   Alcohol is a HUGE place where prices ratchet up.  I would compromise and only pay for beer and wine, OR do a closed bar if it really impacts cost.  People care far less about an open bar in my experience than one may think.   We are doing our own music to avoid the cost of a DJ (using an iPod on the provided sound system).   We spent our largest amount of money on a good photographer thus far.  The photos will last a lifetime and document memories of our day.   I hope this helps some.
  • 1happycamper1happycamper member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I had my reception at the MIT faculty club almost 5 years ago. Full bar, amazing food, amazing view on the water at Boston and very affordable! Just get a dj and photographer and you will be set! They were great to work with and available even though we booked 6 months in advance. You don't have to be affiliated with MIT, oh,and did I mention free parking and walking distance to great hotels for guests in Cambridge. Good luck!
  • im having a summer wedding with 200ppl at Diburros in Haverhill. They are amazing and you can have an onsite ceremony for no extra cost.
  • We are getting married at Norton Country club. There package deal is unbeatable. Darlene is super helpful and it's just an all around nice place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We ended up choosing the Norton Country Club!  It is cozy and very pretty!  cannot wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards