Missouri-Kansas City
Options

KC-area brides-Need your wedding tips and secrets for the mag!

Hey KC-area brides,

We're looking for the best kept secrets and tips in the KC area for our local mag. For example, where would you take OOT guest for brunch or where's a great place to find wedding night lingerie? Post below and we might feature your tips in the mag!

Thanks in advance,

Annie
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: KC-area brides-Need your wedding tips and secrets for the mag!

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's probably been done....but something about our great BBQ for rehearsal dinners or wedding receptions.  Arthur Bryants, Oklahoma Joes, and Jack Stack all do awesome catering for events and show people a little piece of Kansas City!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married on a Sunday at The Mission Theatre in Mission, KS. It's almost $3000 cheaper on Sundays than Saturdays!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a rehersal dinner where the couple rented out Winstead's! It was where they went for their first date and everyone had a great time even though it was non-traditional and casual for a rehersal dinner.

KC has a lot of great Casual dining choices, and especially with locally owned restaurants, most will rent out their entire space if you have a good size group for a reasonable fee on weeknights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Though our wedding is in Lawrence, we live in KC, so we wanted to bring some of the KC things we love to our reception. We will be having a little bit of BBQ, mixed in with other choices, at the reception.

For our rehearsal dinner, wanted to have a good time, so we are having it at a bowling alley. And to bring more of KC to the party, we are going to have plenty of Boulevard beer.

If you are looking for a great brunch in Lawrence, Maceli's is amazing. And you can rent it out not only for your reception, but also for a brunch the next day :)
  • Options
    Knot AnjaKnot Anja member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey bethbuck, which bowling alley??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.weddinglistkc.com is a great place for wedding classifieds for the kansas city area. it just started last month but has some great deals on pre-owned wedding items. It is free to post and buy items.
  • Options
    nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're saving money on our reception venue by having it at our Alumni Association at the University we went to. I've also been able to get great deals when one of our vendors refers us to another. Like our photographer recommended a florist, and our florist recommended a good cupcake baker. Because we told them who referred us, they gave us a discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey nikkifee! Which university Alumni Association? I'm working on the piece for the magazine right now :)
  • Options
    nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the University of Kansas Alumni Association. Both my finance and I met at KU, and we are die-hard Jayhawks fans, so it just seemed the perfect choice!  And they're so nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Rock chalk! Me too :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Knot Anja- We are doing Royal Crest Lanes, off 9th and Iowa. They are the only bowling alley in Lawrence, besides the Union, which is hard to rent out. We wanted a fun, interactive event, since we will have close to 40 people at the rehearsal, and with several kids there, they can have bumperlanes and go crazy :)

Rock Chalk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards